• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ETypes in Movies

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Oops, sorry about that CCM. I was trying to delete just one of my replies but afraid I deleted the entire thread (sometimes the power of the admin can be a dangerous thing when in the wrong hands
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, one move I had mentioned was 52 Pickup with Roy Scheider and Ann Margarete. Roy drives a Blue Series I exactly like mine.

Someone else mentioned Harold and Maude I think.

Basil

Paul W.

2 more that are not on the list are:

Clint Eastwood's Play Misty for Me. He drives a black XK 120-150?

Cruel Intentions with Ryan Philipe who drives either a real XK 120-150 or a kit.

Sorry, I don't know the difference between the 120s, 140s and 150s. I just know they are gorgeous cars. Jag lovers, feel free to enlighten me.

Paul W.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Two more that are not on the list: 52 Pickup (which I already mentioned) and who could forget Porky's! (One of the kids drives a red XK120 roadster)!

Basil

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Paul W.:
2 more that are not on the list are:
<snip>
Sorry, I don't know the difference between the 120s, 140s and 150s. I just know they are gorgeous cars. Jag lovers, feel free to enlighten me.

<hr></blockquote>

The XK 120, 140, 150 were all just continuing incarnations of the Jaguar sports car that utilized the famous XK engine. The series was introduced as the XK120 in 1949 (I think). It was a beautiful car available as a fixed head coupe, a drop heard coupe (convertible with roll up windows) and a roadster. The 120 had a very elegant oval shaped grill with very thin "ribs" and small (useless?) bumpers. The XK14 came along in 1955 and was similar to the 120 except the grill was a little fatter and the bumbers were much bigger. Finally, in the late 50's (not sure exact date) and into the early 60's the 140 was replaced with the XK150. This was a much fatter car with a noticably fatter grill. It is easy to mistake a 120 for a 140 or vice versa, but one could never mistake a 150 for one of the earlier models. The 150 is the car I learned to drive in when I was 12 years old.

Basil

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Word on the street is that both E-types were restored and are still alive and happy to this day.

Been a while since I saw Le Mans (been meaning to fix that). I don't remember any Jags but like I said, it's been a while. An awesome collection of racecars though, Ferrari 512's, Porsche 917's, all incredible stuff.

PC.

Bob Stevenson

Nobody mentioned 'Car Trouble'. A very funny English movie basically about a guy and girl making it in an E-Type and--------.
Bob

Constance Martin

We sat through both VHS tapes of Gran Prix, no Jaguars.
But I picked up a VHS tape on the E Type Jaguar at the library today.
grin.gif

[ 10-11-2003: Message edited by: CCM ]</p>