• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healey's in Movies

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Just watched a Miss Marple movie. There was a short scene with a Healey 3000 MK 1 which drives past Robert Morley who is on a horse. The driver succeeded in scaring the horse enoght to have Morley dumped off of it.

I got thinking that it might be fun to try to think of movies or even TV shows where a Healey had a part, even minor, in the movie. Sort of a bit player, and not just parked in a parking lot or a street.

This of course could get our of hand with any LBC but each section could have their own. Minis of course had a famous role in the Italian Job but I can't think of another Healey. Lots of other cars but not a Healey. And there must be.

joeq

Jedi Hopeful
although the movie was unwatchable, there was a beautiful healey featured in the royal tennenbaums... in fact, it was recently for sale on ebay.

OP
Bruce Bowker

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Just thought of another one. Steve Martin had one in the first Father of the Bride that he did. (I think that was the title)

That makes 3 so far.

[ 05-11-2004: Message edited by: Bruce Bowker ]</p>

w. scott brunkhurst

Jedi Hopeful
I don't have the movie in front of me so the spelling is probably incorrect, but what is most possibly the first Austin Healey, not Healey, in American movies was a 100 driven by Jack Lemmon in 'Phhhht'.

SB

catfood

Jedi Knight
I caught the last half hour of an old black and white David Niven film a few months ago with him regularly seen driving a 100. There is also another film, staring Leslie Phillips which again I don't know the name of where the final shot is of him hitch hiking and being picked up by a leggy blonde, again in a 100.

I've just done a search on imdb for the David Niven film and I theink it was 'Happy Ever After' (1954)

[ 05-12-2004: Message edited by: catfood ]</p>

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior
Healey's have shown up in a few music video's as well. Two come to mind, Tears For Fears-Everybody Wants To Rule The World and a Janet Jackson that I can't recall the name of. In the Tears video it is as much a star as the singer.

Patton

Jedi Warrior
From the Gulf Coast Healey CLub's Website...
https://wind.prohosting.com/~gchc/Movies~1.htm

Notice the two "XXX" movies in the middle, I wonder 1. who fessed up to seeing those?
smile.gif
2. Who let their car be used for the shoot?

1. “Something of Value”
2. “Father of the Bride I” & “II”
3. "Incognito"
4. "American Hot Wax" Life story of Alan Freed, the D.J who coined the term "rock-n-roll"
5. “April Love”
6. "The Stud"
7. "Bundle of Joy" made 1956, starring Eddie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds No Healey, Frazier Nash?
8. "Fun In Acapulco" with Elvis Presley No Healey, Red MGA
9. "Viva Las Vegas" Elvis
10. “PONTIAC MOON”, starring Ted Danson and his wife Mary Steenburgen 1994 with Dennis Currington’s BN 1
11. “Sabrina” 1955 with Audrey Hepburn, William Holden, and Humphry Bogart. Nash-Healey convertible in several scenes
12. “On The Beach”, Ava Gardner drove Gregory Peck in an Austin-Healey 100-6. 1959
13. “Herbie, the Love Bug”
14. State Fair (the fifties version with Pat Boone, Ann Margaret, and Bobby Darin.
15. "Where the Boys Are" Connie Francis and George Hamilton
16. "Bullit" (Steve McQueen)
17. "The Racers" starring Kirk Douglas
18. “People's Choice” with Jackie Cooper
19. “The Invisible Man” was shown in the US but he drove a primrose 100/6
20. "My Girl 2" has an AH 100-6.
21. “Austin-Healey Record Runs”: 3 original films made at the Bonneville Salt Flats in 1953, 54, and 56. Available through AHCUSA
22. "Project Healey 3000" the story of a concours restoration of a BJ8 back in 93
23. "An Unusual Act" XXX
24. "Talk Dirty to Me Part 2" XXX
25. British Blast - The Roadster Factory Summer Party 1993, Indiana PA from Wild About Wheels in association with Autovisuals (Mixed British cars, to include Austin-Healeys)
26. Mini Mania Sprite Mini Challenge - Mini Mania (Bugeyes!)
27. Healey, The Man, The Marque, The Machine The Story of Donald Healey and his cars - JPL Video Productions
28. The Dream Machines, Sports Cars - The History Channel # AAE-40417 (small amount on Austin-Healeys)
29. Automobiles, Austin-Healey 3000 - The History Channel # AAE-40099
30. Classic Rallying 1958/59 - Heritage Motoring Films # HMF 1015 (Alpine Rally 58 & 59)
31. The Classic & Sports Car Film Collection I - Classic & Sports Car magazine 1998 Free video (Sprite)
32. Motor Week show # 1809 (Bugeye Sprites included in this episode, features Clint & Chris Becker's (father & son) Bugeyes)
33. “Sirens” 1999. Brief glimpse of BJ8 in dealership.
34. “Liberty Heights” starring Joe Mantegna a 1999 production of the '50s. There are at least 2 Healeys and maybe three in the film.
36. "Scream and Scream Again" made in 1970 with Vincent Price and Christopher Lee. The Healey used is a 100, but it didn't have any distinguishing "M" characteristics. The bonnet was adorned with an out of character "Swallow" ornament.
37. “Summer of Sam”
38. "BLISS," which was filmed in 1997 with Craig Sheffer, Sheryl Lee, & Terence Stamp.
39. "The Croupier," 1998 the main character, Nick Reding (played by Giles Cremorne) got into his Healey-blue BT
40. "Dying to Remember" starring Melissa Gilbert
41. “K-pax” with Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges Black BJ8
42. “Royal Tannenbaums”
43. “Spiderman”

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Janet Jackson's "All FOR YOU" the cut"Lover"-Starring Keoke's Healey

[ 05-12-2004: Message edited by: Keoke ]</p>

Frank C.

Jedi Hopeful
Add the Steve McQueen movie "Bullett" to the list. If I remeber correctly, when he is parking his Mustang after a rough night chasing bad guys, there is one parked very near him on one of San Fansisco's famous hills (can't remember exactly what vintage)!