• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

tr movies

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
I saw a movie the other night on Turner (1953?) and it had old sport cars. The star was driving an old Jag 120 (I think) the movie ended at a sports car race with the police looking for them ya da ya da. Did anyone get the name of the movie and does anyone remember the web page that has a list of tr movies?

Twosheds

Darth Vader

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Don't know what the movie was, but check here

Oops! Looks like I waited too long between writing and posting! Two sheds beat me to the punch. www.imcdb.org is the site.

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Saw an interesting film a couple of weeks ago on TCM, called "The Green Helmet", a 1961 B&W British production.
Some good shots of the famous marques close up, and a rare appearance by the legendary Jack Brabham in the Mille Miglia. Nostalgic memories with Hillman, Singer, Humber, Sunbeam and Jaguar advertised around the Siverstone track. There is a very short few frames of a TR-2.

Stig

I bought a copy of the movie "Girls Town" at a car show. It features Mel Torme as hood chasing Mamie Van Doren around in a TR2. Its a campy movie, but great car scenes. Also stars Paul Anka, Cathy Crosby, XK's MG's and features an unbelievable drag race with blindfolded drivers.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
So many TR2 & TR3 movies... seems like they were a popular choice when the character needed to be shown as irresponsible, carefree or just spoiled.

Okay, I can see how that might be me.

kindofblue

Jedi Warrior
What was the recent heist movie that featured LBCs?

RobT

Jedi Warrior
kindofblue said:
What was the recent heist movie that featured LBCs?

"The Bank Job".

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
"the Italian job?"

had minis in it but only one old one...

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Don't know if subtitled but it was released in US as "Backfire." I see theatre posters for sale but no movie. Since I never get to see my car go down the road it would be fun to watch in a film. I will poke around on the web again and see if it pops up.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
The Fast and the Furious (50s edition, not the new one) has lots of sports cars in it, including a TR or two, it can be had on DVD on E-bay for good prices. The Green Helmet has more purpose built sports cars like Jag D types and Ferraris, it is not available on VHS or DVD to my knowledge in an officially produced version, but is worth a watch if you can find it.

The old Elvis film, Viva Las Vegas, readily avialable on VHS has TR3 and 4s and lots of early 60s cars in it incuding a Daimler SP250. A lucsious young Ann Margaret drive a white TR3 if I recall correctly.

Other movies with a good selection of sports cars and racing "On the Beach" which is also a good movie even without the cars, and "State Fair" in which there is a Sports car race at the fair and I think that Ann Margaret is in that one too.