• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Do you have $1, $5 or $10 a month?

Country flag
Let me see if my logic makes sense here:

9000 members (I think I heard or saw that somewhere)
x$12 - $1/month per member - anyone NOT have 3.34 pennies a day?
=$108,000 annual gross income

9000 members
x$60 - $5/month per member - who can't spare 1 or 2 gallons of gas once a month?
=$540,000 annual gross income

9000 members
X$120 - $10/month per member - 2-3 gallons of gas per month
=$1,080,000 annual gross income.

The saying goes many hands make light work. I say it is a small price to pay to keep something SO outstanding and beneficial to so many active.

Basil, don't feel bad or have ANY remorse about making this a pay site. YOU HAVE EARNED IT! I don't know about the fees and expenses that go into making this site function, but just based on what I typed above, it doesn't look like it would take big dollars per person to get you where you need to be.

Since I like saying so much, here's another one: Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? Well, I for one will gladly pay for the cow. I can't even imagine how much time and money I'd spend to go various places and join various car clubs, meetings dues, etc. for the information, comraderie (sp?), and help I can can get in one place - here.

If you decide to do so, count me in for $25/month plus the fee for the Gold membership I already have.

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
Basil,
You could put a PayPal donate button on the site as well. It would be easy to give to keep the site alive, and nothing to feel badly about asking for in return for all you have given us for so long, your time, your sanity at times as I believe you mentioned :smile:, and your continued support of our shared passion for the British Marques. If you don't want to force a membership fee, which I believe you would be justified in doing anyway, then at least allow us to Donate to the cause through PayPal or by Credit Card, somehow. I don't want to sell my one remaining Jaguar, so I can't contribute with an ad right now, but I could with a donation or membership fee.... Just a thought, and thank you Peter for pointing out the math, I think Basil is at a turning point and we're all behind him in whatever he decides to do of course. I hope I can do my own part in helping to ease the strain on him.
Best Regards, Basil,
Brian

bmurphy7369

Jedi Trainee
SILVER GHOST WROTE:
"Let me see if my logic makes sense here:

9000 members (I think I heard or saw that somewhere)
x$12 - $1/month per member - anyone NOT have 3.34 pennies a day?
=$108,000 annual gross income

9000 members
x$60 - $5/month per member - who can't spare 1 or 2 gallons of gas once a month?
=$540,000 annual gross income

9000 members
X$120 - $10/month per member - 2-3 gallons of gas per month
=$1,080,000 annual gross income.

The saying goes many hands make light work. I say it is a small price to pay to keep something SO outstanding and beneficial to so many active.

Basil, don't feel bad or have ANY remorse about making this a pay site. YOU HAVE EARNED IT! I don't know about the fees and expenses that go into making this site function, but just based on what I typed above, it doesn't look like it would take big dollars per person to get you where you need to be.

Since I like saying so much, here's another one: Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? Well, I for one will gladly pay for the cow. I can't even imagine how much time and money I'd spend to go various places and join various car clubs, meetings dues, etc. for the information, comraderie (sp?), and help I can can get in one place - here.

If you decide to do so, count me in for $25/month plus the fee for the Gold membership I already have.
1956 Jaguar Mk1 2.4 "

Basil,
You could put a PayPal donate button on the site as well. It would be easy to give to keep the site alive, and nothing to feel badly about asking for in return for all you have given us for so long, your time, your sanity at times as I believe you mentioned :smile:, and your continued support of our shared passion for the British Marques. If you don't want to force a membership fee, which I believe you would be justified in doing anyway, then at least allow us to Donate to the cause through PayPal or by Credit Card, somehow. I don't want to sell my one remaining Jaguar, so I can't contribute with an ad right now, but I could with a donation or membership fee.... Just a thought, and thank you to Peter Hays in the Jaguar Forum for the post, pointing out the math. I think Basil is at a turning point and we're all behind him in whatever he decides to do of course. I hope I can do my own part in helping to ease the strain on him.
Best Regards, Basil,
Brian :thankyousign: