• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Console & armrest - is it worth it?

69sprite

Country flag
I am considering purchasing the center console & armrest accessory part that Moss sells, since they have it 'on sale'.

Has anyone bought/installed this? It is worth it and how is it anchored in the car? (how much more drilling can an LBC take?

If not the one from Moss, does anyone else have recommendations?

Larry

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Do not know

Last edited:

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Had to go to their catalog and look at it. It looks like the same one that I got for my TR3 made by Clark and Clark. I am glade I got it for just the cup holder.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
If you just want a cup holder the fold up one mounted just to the right on the side of the hump is perfect.

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I bought the one moss sells and put on 59 Diamond. It worked great and kind of dressed up the cockpit. Moss says to drill holes, but I think that is sorta like all the disclaimers drug manufactures make to cover themselves. I used a lot of velcro and it worked fine. besides the cup holder, the lift up storage area is nice for glasses, pens and other small items. I think it is well made and am thinking about getting another one for 60 FROG. I am only hesitating because it only comes in black and I have red interior.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I put one in my '69. I definitely like having it to hold things like sunglasses, garage door openers. The drink holder is kind of useless as anything more than a small cup is top heavy and flops over. Mine secured with one screw.

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
I have one and just have it sitting there, no screws- that way I can take it out and put it in the trunk (MkII Midget) if I am leaving the car somewhere I am not too happy about (ie, parking garage)
BillM

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Bill, vinyl color changing dye. Like spray paint for vinyl. Trick would be to ding an exact match to your interior.9

nomad

Yoda
I use a wide base cup just for auto use sitting on the flat spot in front of the shift lever or, for a glass, wedge it between the passenger seat and the tunnel. Never seen a need for anything else but then I avoid soda!

Kurt.

Country flag
The cup holder is way too shallow! The compartment is nice to have, though. I sent mine along with out 69 when we sold it last summer, now I'm thinking of getting one for the Bugeye. I have the same red issue.

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks for the info Jim and Rick. I will look into the armrest covers and see if they will fit over the Moss black console. I could probably take it to an upholsterer I know who could probably stitch it over the black console. I would be afraid to dye it red. I would worry about the dye coming off on my arm over time.

On another subject. At the car show I was at yesterday there was an MG that had sunvisors attached to the top of the windshield frame. I couldn't find the owner so I left him a note as to where he got them. He called me later, nice guy.He said Moss has them for MG's and Triumphs, but wasn't sure they would attach to a Bugeye winshield.
The Moss part number is 240-300. They are $38.95 each at Moss, but that I could get them at "Little British Car" for $33.11 with no sales tax.
I would really like to have a set, since driving west as the sun sets is very nerve racking. Does anyone know if they will fit my Bugeye. or could they be altered in some way to make them fit.

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I have a couple of these. The larger of the two was a period accessory. The smaller is similar to what Moss sells. I had the arm rest on the larger one re-upholstered with some white edging to match the rest of the interior for my 1966 project car. I may use the smaller on in the Bugeye. If I do, I will re-upholster the armrest with Cherry Red vinyl and white edging but likely will leave the body black.

Texas and Miscellaneous 023.jpgTexas and Miscellaneous 025.jpgTexas and Miscellaneous 024.jpg