• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bt7 ---> bj8?

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Beverly Hills Car Club has a car for sale (their stock number 07921) that they say is HBT7L3678. The car has all of the features of a BJ7 or Phase 1 BJ8 and none of a BT7. Is it physically possible without major structural modification to create a BJ7/BJ8 from a BT7? Can a convertible windshield and doors be used directly onto a BT7 body?
https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1960-austin-healey-3000-c-6836.htm

Country flag
Steve,
Has to be a number swap job. Rear shroud where doors match would have to be changed as well. But, do look at door hinges, thats all messed up. Extra holes there. Looks decent until you see interior stuff, then wow!

Marv

Country flag
Interesting pile of junk. Grill surround wrong. Glove box missing between seats of a phase 1. Wood dash is not burl wood (looks like contact paper). That is just a quick look. I'm not sure what is going on with the gauges. Would be a nice parts car for about $1000.00. To be fair they gave a lot of pictures so the buyer can see what he gets.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag

Csarneson

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Wow. $15K? Some poor unsuspecting sucker is going to buy that after looking at prices of restored healeys and think they can just give it a quick hug and a respray. That's one that a person should run far far away from.

RAC68

Darth Vader
Hi All,

Although I am partial to the BJ8 Phase 1 and, with a pile of the correct parts, believe you could create a BJ8 Phase 1 look-alike from a BT7, who would want to? Although the doors, rear shroud and other BJ parts seem to have been roughly installed, the dollar cost of the services and products needed to finish the car would be far greater then the value created. Even if you save some money by doing the work yourself, as I see it, there is no benefit in having a 1960 BJ8 as no one would be willing to validate its value.

My opinion,
Ray(64BJ8P1)

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The door gaps and boot fit could use a little attention and the front bumper needs adjusting and shes ready for concourse I would say .:encouragement::encouragement::excitement:

YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The front shroud looks like a BT7 with the holes for the windscreen pillars to pass through. It looks like those gaps are open so you should get quite a bit of water draining into the cockpit if you ever drive it in the rain. Although I would never want a mismatched car like this, I do admire the willingness to put it together, if nothing else than to see if it can be done.
I believe there is a company in Canada that is making a "replica" of a 1963 Corvette Stingray but uses a C6 Corvette chassis and running gear. Again, I admire the exercise, but if I wanted a C2 or C6 Corvette, I would just buy an original. That reminds me, I have never owned a Corvette and I think that is a strict requirement for any gearhead my age. But how could I justify 2 roadsters in the garage????

red57

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I wonder what is holding it up in roughly normal ride height - the underside pictures show no front springs and the u-bolts in the rear are hanging above the springs. Wooden blocks somewhere???

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hey

I would pay a fiver for the rocker cover :rolleyes:

Not sure when they changed the chassis on the BJ8, was it from day 1? but that is definitely a BJ7 - towards BN4 type. The carbs look a bit small for a BJ8 but right for the BJ7, I know people who have paid £18,000 for a car to refurbish, may be not so bad as this one so $15000 is a walk in the park to the right guy.

:cheers:

Bob