• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Back Light Frame AKA Surrey Top IS FINISHED & PIC

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
THANKS TO ALL THAT SUPPORTED THIS PRODJECT1 WENT ON A GOOD RUN TODAY AND IS HOLDING WELL. MY WEEKEND TRIP TO TRF'S SUMMER PARTY WILL THELL THE STORY.

THANKS AGAIN
LARRY

Attachments

• 11716.jpg
    11716.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 165

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Because it is big. You need to resize it . Must be at least.
Larry, also tone down the caps a little. feels like your yelling at us. take it from someone who has been there.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Larry-

Looks good! I hope my seal looks as good in the lower corner, a lot of cars I've seen have a small gap there as I think the newer seals are a little thinner than original.

Randy

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hey Larry, that looks great . Nice work

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
It's my own color. I sometimes call it Herman Blue. I'll explain later. It's suppose to be signal red but I wanted to off set the color ratio to everyone that wants a red sports car. You know someone buys a green, yellow or whatever color car and changes it to red. I was at the TRF party watching cars come in with a fellow enthusiasts and we counted 8 out of 10 TR4's were red and I wonder how many of those 8 were original colors. I was not concerned about the original color because I was planning to modified almost everything I could. Just kidding about color ratio. Although contemplating changing the color I did not know what to change it to. I attended the TRF Summer Party in 1999 and as I was pulling into the parking lot in my TR3A there sat on the hill was Herman Von somethings car. (The guy that does the Toyota transmission conversions) and instantly fell in love with the color. He gave me the paint code but would not convert it to the PPG DBC base coat I wanted to use. So I asked a customer if I could play in his mixing room, so to make a long story short I lightened up Mac truck blue. Sprayed a test panel and took the sample to PPG and they scanned it for me. So I now have a profit formula to mix paint and have the mixing formula for all time. Hope that answers your question. Sorry for the long answer but that was the short version.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Good progress on the top, I have been watching them on E-bay, but they haven't started giving them away yet.

My TR250 was Signal Red originally (maybe there were more red cars built than we think. But I agree with you I don't really want the car that is the same color as everyone elses, but that being said, although it is being torn down and redone I don't know if I am going to strip all the interior panels, changing color is a lot of work.

I have always wanted a dark blue car, and saw a nice 250 for sale with that color and a white top that looked real good a while back.

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That dark blue is very rich looking. it's better then black. i usally see the interior in shadow blue. Too much blue.