• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Antique Jag or Rolls in Newport, RI

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
On Aug 30, my daughter is getting married in Newport...I'm looking for an antique Jaguar, Bentley, or Rolls to carry her & new husband from Trinity Church to White Horse Tavern for reception....anybody got any contacts?

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Hmm, I thought I just posted an anser but it seems to have disappeared, so here goes again:

First, congratulations on your daughter's big event! I will ask some of my Jag contacts and see if anyone knows of anybody in that area. No promoses of course, but I will ask.
(Nice to see you back!)

Basil

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Tony -

Yes, good to see you back, and congratulations to you and Jerri! You've probably already asked, but the priest or wedding coordinator there may be able to help.

Mickey

G

Tony, why not try finding a Magnette up there. They look somewhat similar to the untrained eye and it is an MG!

James

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
A Magnette would also work!

Wedding coordinator wants to use either horse/buggy or limo...Shannon (that's my girl!) wants to go antique British!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
aeronica....THANKS!! The first one https://www.newportlimo.net actually rents John Wayne's personal '59 Rolls royce for weddings!

Sent info to daughter....how 'bout that, "I took my bride to our wedding reception in the Duke's personal Rolls Royce!" There's definitely a "one-up-manship story" if ever there was one!

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Talked w/Shannon & gave her the websites.....she wants an old Jaguar or MG ("Dad, don't you have a friend up there who'll loan you his MG?")

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yeah I understand....I'd probably prefer an MG too!
And I guess I could say I feel your pain. My older daughter is getting married in '05 as well. We have a nice place in Princeton (near the University) reserved, but we haven't talked about cars yet. When one of my brothers got married they rented a Model A Ford for the wedding and that was pretty cool.

MGA Steve

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
Talked w/Shannon & gave her the websites.....she wants an old Jaguar or MG ("Dad, don't you have a friend up there who'll loan you his MG?")

[/ QUOTE ]
My second son drove my red MGA top-down from the church to their reception across town (Lakewood, not Denver). We followed them--tux, white wedding dress, and all--for 6 miles and you should have seen the cars slowing down for a better look and heard the horns. Not the Duke's RR, but still a unique and memorable sight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

UltimateQuestion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
In 1995 my lovely bride & I rode from our wedding to the reception in her cousin's 1928 Packard 8 Phateon. A very classy ride, I have a picture of us with the car on my desk.

usasma

Jedi Trainee
Tony,
I'll volunteer my B-GT if they'd like (but it doesn't sound like what they're looking for). I'm about 1Β½ hours away from Newport. I don't know of any old classics around this neck of the woods. In the year and a half that I've lived here I've only seen a couple of older cars.

John

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
John....thanks for the offer but I don't think the dress & train would fit!

usasma

Jedi Trainee
No problem Tony! It didn't seem practical to me either, but I had to offer. I'll keep my eyes open locally, and if I find something interesting I'll give a holler!