• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

You know when to leave when...

Jim_Stevens

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I have to replace the corner of my TR3 inner fender near the firewall, which has a curve in it. No bigger than half a square foot. I went into a sheet metal fabrication place Saturday and asked the owner if he had an English Wheel... He said a what?

Looking around the place, it looked like they stuck to HVAC ducting and the like... I'll try a body shop next--

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
It's getting harder to find good craftsmen. Most body shops tend to just order new panels and weld them on rather than trying to repair what's there or to fabricate. Good luck with your search!

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I'm not sure what corner of the inner fender you mean. If it's the outer corner, where the end of the fender mounts, there's a bit of shape (compound curve) but not hard to do, even without an English Wheel. The tricky part will be welding it in so the end of the fender sits properly. Most old car restorers can do it. If you can't find someone through your Triumph club, try your local hot rod group. As Steve said, "Body Shops" replace parts, they don't make them anymore.
Tom