• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Yeah! New Audioslave album

Howard_The_Duck

Jedi Warrior
Man, I had kinda gotten tired of the "Original Fire" single I had heard on the radio lately, simply because of overplaying.

However I found a copy of the song "revelations" (the title track of the album), and after hearing it, I am super excited about this new album.

Granted I'm a big Audioslave fan, but I was really hoping this album would be better than the last. Based on the first two songs, I think they might be onto something here!

swift6

Yoda
If you like Audioslave then you might also like Michael Mann movies. He tends to use a lot of Audioslave anymore. Both 'Collateral' and 'Miami Vice' anyway. I happen to be a big Michael Mann fan and really like the way he is pushing the visual medium of film. But then again I am a Photographer/Videographer so I tend to catch and understand quite a bit of the nuances.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
Howard_The_Duck

Howard_The_Duck

Jedi Warrior
Michael Mann was amazing back when he did the original Miami Vice.

I was originally a film major, so I definitely can appreciate good cinematic compilations. Then again, I DID like Howard the Duck... LOL

swift6

Yoda
If you watch Micahael Mann's "Thief", from 1981 and starring James Caan, you will see many of the attributes that Michael Mann contiues to refine through his movies (Except for "Last of the Mohicans"). There are basic elements of "Heat", "Collateral" and "Miami Vice".