• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

XJTom from down under

XJtom

Country flag
Hi all,
I'm Tom from Sydney Australia and a member of the jaguar drivers club Sydney, have had British cars in my life in some form or another, either privately or as a mechanic since the early 70's, have owned my XJ6 S2 (75) since 2009, been semi retired for some years now but still involved with mechanical & electrical on cars, since 2011 i've been reproducing jaguar wiring schematics for all models from 1945 to 94 in full colour with a modern view. I also do electrical & other mechanical work on classic cars from home.
I have a web site for my schematics as well as a free library 'history of - encyclopedia - video & variety of tech/ information" always open for questions but can promise I'l always have the answer.

profile pic.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to the forum, Tom. Lovely XJ6 you have there! I owned a 76 XJ6 back in the day and it was a really lovely, quiet, smooth car! I've always thought It would be nice to get another good example some day.

OP
XJtom

XJtom

Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Tom. Lovely XJ6 you have there! I owned a 76 XJ6 back in the day and it was a really lovely, quiet, smooth car! I've always thought It would be nice to get another good example some day.
Thanks basil,
you can still get a good mid 70's xj6 for under $AU10K, some people ask crazy prices for something that's ordinary but they're still out there and affordable

Celtic 77

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Great looking car...My wife has always loved the older classic Jags. We let a 99 slip by with 23,000 miles on it and it sold for under $10,000! Welcome.