• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wow, Check out this Healey Project

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Bump Steer needs fixing, that sounds scary or easy. But if it was easy, it would have been done already. Amazing what can be done with extra parts. Take a $20K Healey and turn it into a $7K ???

Jerry

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior
I've seen this on the net and think it looks pretty darn cool. Crudely done, but if the cosmetics were done right and the car sorted, I could see it being a $20k car. As is, I think he will see bidding around $12k...will be watching

Country flag
Keep in mind that (some of) those pictures were taken out on the Bonneville Salt Flats, not your everyday corrosion adder...

Tim Moran posted a number of pics (of the crudeness of the roof grafting) some time back.

Personally, I love the concept, and have to agree, too bad the work wasn't done to a higher standard. I honestly wish I had the time and money to build a Healey Coupe; I'd go more for the Acme fastback hardtop look, rather than that of Donald's personal car (though I really like that one too).

If one of these ever turn up, I can only hope to snatch it up before anyone else does...

acme_hly_hdtp_001.jpg

healey_fastback.jpg

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Keep in mind that (some of) those pictures were taken out on the Bonneville Salt Flats, not your everyday corrosion adder...

Tim Moran posted a number of pics (of the crudeness of the roof grafting) some time back.

Personally, I love the concept, and have to agree, too bad the work wasn't done to a higher standard. I honestly wish I had the time and money to build a Healey Coupe; I'd go more for the Acme fastback hardtop look, rather than that of Donald's personal car (though I really like that one too).

If one of these ever turn up, I can only hope to snatch it up before anyone else does...

acme_hly_hdtp_001.jpg

healey_fastback.jpg
I believe that the Pacific Center Newsletter back in the '70's had a pic of one of these ACME conversion cars in their newsletter. There was a competing company that stole the design and was making them at a significant reduced price. I feel the bodies may be lying around someplace somewhere waiting for us to snatch one up. Looks so good it's worth buying a roadster just to have a Healey fastback.

BoyRacer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I saw this car up close and personal at Bonneville the year that Steve Pike brought his streamliner from Australia. This very crude car looks much better in the photos and from a distance.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Actually it was scary-bad. You've heard of a ten-footer? We're talking a ten-miler here.

Just in case anyone thought I was being unnecessarily harsh, while going through some old HEALEY MARQUE magazine files today, I ran across some pics of this car taken at Bonneville in 2009. Bear in mind that since that time the salt has also had over four years to work on the car. Click on the thumbnails below for the gory details:

Coupe1.jpg Coupe2.jpg

stuntflyr

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
My 17 year old is quite taken with this car and I asked him if he wanted it instead of his MGB V-6 plan. He thought about it overnight and decided to go with the MGB. He took 5 seconds to explain that he didn't want my white Jamaican project, so he's a pretty bright kid!
Chris...

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My 17 year old is quite taken with this car and I asked him if he wanted it instead of his MGB V-6 plan. He thought about it overnight and decided to go with the MGB. He took 5 seconds to explain that he didn't want my white Jamaican project, so he's a pretty bright kid!
Chris...

Smart kid, must not take after the old man. :devilgrin: IMHO, MGBs are about the best "cheap" fun you can have with an LBC these days. And the modified stuff, like V6s, SBF Fords and LS Chevy cars are hot rod gold for LBCers. Take a look at some of the modified MGB's here if you'd like to see some innovative work: https://www.britishv8.org/Photos-MG-Conversions.htm

stuntflyr

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I know, he often wonders what I'm thinking. The Bill Guzman V-6 kit is his idea of his way to a cool MGB for college. He wants the neat car not everyone has, low price and the did it himself combo, I think. I love that British V-8 site, shows how many craftsman and dreamers that actually do that we have in the car hobby.
Need to escape the cold? 75 today, beautiful little b&b down the street with a 2 minute walk to the beach. Say the word and well get it done. Plenty of work to do on my stuff!
Chris...

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
[thread jack]

[thread jack]
Hi Chris,
Years ago, I was going to put a V8 in a '70 B. I had to abandon the project but I still have the engine and tranny. It is an Olds. 215 aluminum block. The same engine that's used in Rovers and was put in the B for the European market at one point. It has been sitting in my garage for 20 or so years. If your interested, I'm local to you.

[/thread jack]