• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Would you believe ---

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
On my way home from a HS baseball game I spotted a Bugeye Sprite in a small used car lot. Sitting in the front row it did look a little forlorn. Located on Rt 20 on the east side of the city of Westfield Ma. Due to the 6 o,clock traffic I did't get much more than a glimpse. It appeared to be creamy/off white color and the top was up .

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
wow, that's not something you see every day - well spotted!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Poor little thing! šŸø

Can't imagine there are many Bugeyes on regular used car lots anymore

Pat MM

Country flag
I was in Monterey a couple months ago and saw these on a lotā€¦ some way overpriced projects!

And finally the grand finale; A Bugeye thatā€™s not a Bugeye!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
TBH not that overpriced these days especially for a solid shell. :rolleyes2:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Gateway cars has three rubber bumper Midgets for sale right now - 2 are $14,500 one is $20,000

restored bugeyes are getting up around 30k

Nor disagreeing that they are expensive but for a rust free shell - given what they are fetching, they will find a buyer.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Well that does help me live with the fact that I will have over $6k in mine when done, 1.5 of which was the 5 speed.

RickF

Country flag
Gateway cars has three rubber bumper Midgets for sale right now - 2 are $14,500 one is $20,000

restored bugeyes are getting up around 30k

Nor disagreeing that they are expensive but for a rust free shell - given what they are fetching, they will find a buyer.
PT Barnum was right.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
They may be priced at $14,500 and $20,000 but are they selling for that price?

When I bought my $400.00 Midget someone said "Remember the Midget will never get much over $10,000 so be careful how much you spend on it"

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
They may be priced at $14,500 and $20,000 but are they selling for that price?

David
For sure Bugeyes are selling for that money - and while I suspect that square bodied cars will lag in sales - especially rubber bumper - good ones are fetching better money. Just took a quick peak at Bring a Trailer - this spring two rubber bumper cars went for 11k and 15k respectively. Hardly Healey money but, still surprising.

RickF

Country flag
For sure Bugeyes are selling for that money - and while I suspect that square bodied cars will lag in sales - especially rubber bumper - good ones are fetching better money. Just took a quick peak at Bring a Trailer - this spring two rubber bumper cars went for 11k and 15k respectively. Hardly Healey money but, still surprising.
BAT seems to attract all kinds of buyers with more money than sense. Just read some of their comments and it's obvious they know little about the cars they are buying. Here is a good example of a car buyer with more money than brains (a Barrett Jackson buyer instead of BAT, but the principle still applies)....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
What a shame. A fifty-year-old guy buys a nearly $3/4 M supercar, has a suspended license, doesn't insure or tag it and is "unfamiliar" with a manual shift transmission?!?

lordloveaduck....