• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Worrying News About BCF Member Judow...

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Quick mood swings are normal at this stage of recovery or so I was told when my grandmother had a stroke. It will get better I'm sure.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Good days, bad days, hang in there with her. Hard to see it, but keeping near and incouraging is good, just keep letting her know your there.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Stroke recovery can be really frustrating and hard on the emotions. Just keep giving her all the support and encouragement you can.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Judy had a big scare today. After dialysis she became very weak and the thought was she made have had another stroke. After several test it was determined she did NOT. They believe it was a combination of dialysis,a possible intestinal bleed and AFIB heart rate. All are now cleared up and she is stable. Watching her closely for the next day then off to rehab by Monday.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Good news it was not another stroke and good that she is back to stable. Will keep her in our prayers that she get's into rehab soon and makes good progress.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Different day different Judy. She is stable but very weak. PT worked with her and had her stand up and sit in a chair for a few hours. She is doing some sleeping in the chair but she is up. Hope these are her first steps to recovery

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Stay strong Judy! We are all in your corner.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Update on Judy. She is stable and resting. Still tired but getting stronger. Have not got her to rehab yet. Paperwork must be correct first.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Have not updated Judy’s condition in a while. After an epic battle with the insurance company that the owner of my company had to get involved with. Judy has been moved to a great rehab facility. She is stable and still cannot move her right leg or arm. But she does have feelings there. Not able to fully talk but is starting to mumble a few words. The rehab facility is encouraged and although it will take some time they think she will make a good comeback. Thanks for all the kind notes. I make sure Judy gets them all.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Thanks for checking in, Doug. Sorry you had to go through such a hassle, but glad she's finally in rehab. Keep us posted and of course remind her we're all pulling for her.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hoping Easter brought more improvement, we are with you.