• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Works hardtop. The value of or cars is climbing!

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
In 1967, I bought a totally stock 1959 Bugeye from my cousin. It didn't have the rag top, but came with a hardtop. The h/t wasn't a factory one, but for all intents and purposes it was identical. I drove the car through the summer, the sun over my shoulder and the wind blowing though my hair. It defined the Bugeye experience. And when fall came to Massachusetts, I installed the hardtop. More weight and noise. The car went from slow to barely able to get out of its way. Then the **** snow came. I had to carry a can of deicer in my pocket in order to free the ice away from the sliding plexiglass windows so I could get back in the **** thing at the end of the day. I couldn't wait for spring to come so I could toss the h/t into the corner. So if you're going to drive your Bugeye at Sebring, it's going to give you a few more mph at top end. Otherwise, it's going to make your life miserable. Hot, cramped with no sunshine in your hair and wind blowing over your shoulder. The antihesis of the Bugeye experience. I, too, love the way they look, but it's like putting a ball and chain on your car,

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
I don't know about what they are worth, but I have a nice BE top listed here and on Craig's list and not one bite.

OP
apbos

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Rick
You needed a set of these 6573259343_970dd9bb04_z.jpg
Speedwell door handles. These are for my Speedwell Sprite if I get the guts to cut the doors to install them:highly_amused:
Paul

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Rick
You needed a set of these View attachment 28585
Speedwell door handles. These are for my Speedwell Sprite if I get the guts to cut the doors to install them:highly_amused:
Paul

I suppose. I love the way my Bugeye looks with a hardtop:

Stapleton-14-2_zps3420497c.jpg

But it's still going to be quicker and more fun to drive without the h/t and its John Sprinzel signature on the dashboard!

OP
apbos

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I suppose. I love the way my Bugeye looks with a hardtop:

Stapleton-14-2_zps3420497c.jpg

But it's still going to be quicker and more fun to drive without the h/t and its John Sprinzel signature on the dashboard!
Now I am jealous!

nomad

Yoda
Picked up a hard top a couple of years ago that I am just now working on. Though it was a BMC top but now I realize it's a Healey hard top!! ANY ONE HAVE SIDE SCREEN'S!!???

Kurt.

OP
apbos

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Kurt
This is going to hurt but Pete Farmer in the UK made some (may be he still has a pair) that he was selling for 500 pounds UK follow this link https://www.sebringsprite.com/news2012.html about 1/4 of the way down.
Paul

nomad

Yoda
Kurt
This is going to hurt but Pete Farmer in the UK made some (may be he still has a pair) that he was selling for 500 pounds UK follow this link https://www.sebringsprite.com/news2012.html about 1/4 of the way down.
Paul

Phew!! Fortunately I was mistaken! Mine, I thought, turned down at the front more than it does. I have the factory hardtop and side screen's.
Having the Healey hardtop and side screen's would give one more room. Another reason that BMC should have listened to the Healey's.

Kurt.

macsprite

I have I believe one right hand side sidescreen. It came with a bugeye. I would trade for a set of standard sidescreens or sell it for reasonable offer.
Thanks
Lew

IMG_0039.jpgIMG_0037.jpgIMG_0038.jpg