• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Woo-Hoo! Three minutes and 26 seconds!

terriphill

Darth Vader
Our first trip out of the garage in two years!!! I didn't know I could hold my breath that long.
Maiden Voyage!!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Good video - but, do you have more than 2 gears?

OP
T

terriphill

Darth Vader
Welllll, yes and they all work but this was a VERY short trip down the hill around the corner and back. Started hearing a "hiss" so we pulled into the garage just as the radiator decided began to leak.
So, now we pull it back out and check to see if it was a hose or worse. Hopefully it can be patched so we can drive it a little until it can be replaced. That's probably the first time it's been fully pressured up and although it hasn't ever leaked, its not a new one. We'll see.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
If the hoses are old, replace them....if the radiator's not been used for years, have it cleaned, boiled & pressurized to check for leaks.

OP
T

terriphill

Darth Vader
We replaced the hoses,but hope that maybe didn't get them clamped down...More that likely its just that the radiator is OLD!! Years doesn't describe how long its been since this car was on the road. The title is still in the original owner's name. He bought it new in 1980. A search of his name led me see that he died in 1986. The car sat in his yard until the guy we bought it from 2 years ago pulled it out and got it running. We bought it (y'all saw it) from him and it was a piece meal MGB and Mitsubishi parts (he was a mechanic for a Mitsubishi dealership) We were kinda hoping that since it has new windshield, seats, dash, carpet, fuel lines, brakes, fuel pump, hoses, exhaust, header, carburetor and on and on ad finitum....that the one thing we wouldn't have to replace was the radiator. Guess we were wrong and we should have know better. We will pull it and take it to the shop Monday to see what they think.

G

gblawson

Gee, when I saw the 'subject' I thought it was a 0 - 60 time for an MG TD....

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JPSmit New Tools - woo hoo! Restoration & Tools 15
cmc140 Woo Hoo!!! Officially the owner of a 1965 E-type OTS. Jaguar 1
B WOO HOO! Doors are finished! Finally got the panels on, door pulls, handles & cranks Spridgets 9
Trevor Jessie Woo Hoo! Spridgets 11
T Woo-Hoo! It's alive!!!!!!!! MG 18
Basil Woo hoo new wheels arrived! Jaguar 10
Basil Woo Hoo Getting a Top! Jaguar 25
Gliderman8 Woo Hoo.... I made it into Practical Classics! Triumph 12
John Moore Woo Hoo! I found a 210 Box Spridgets 4
B Woo hoo! new differential Triumph 0
Morris Doh!... I mean WOO HOO! Spridgets 11
tosoutherncars Woo Hoo! Passed the safety Spridgets 2
mrsprite Woo hoo! The engine's in!! Spridgets 25
John Moore WOO HOO!!! Spridgets 39
B Found the problem! Woo Hoo! Austin Healey 9
michalotti_tr Woo Hoo! Triumph 20
TNMGB Restoration pics so far...Woo HOO!!!! MG 17
rovernut Woo Hoo Regognition Rover / Land Rover 12
tosoutherncars Woo Hooo! Spridgets 14
Bret Woo Hooo! Up-date on my EFI kit installation! MG 5
T Hiring a classic in the UK - whoo hoo Triumph 21
B GOT IT!!!!! WOOOO HOO!! Spridgets 5
Morris Boo hoo hoo hoo! *sniff* Spridgets 23
Bret Whoo-hoo! Soon I’ll be Cruising in Style! MG 10
T Three-Point Seat Belts Austin Healey 8
C TR2/3/3A Three completely different questions from a TR3B newbie - thanks for any input! Triumph 6
T Powertrain locked up three times whilst driving today - anyone have thoughts? Spridgets 15
AngliaGT MGB Need a GT [or Three]? MG 1
A MGB-GT Video- Three minute run through Smugglers Notch in Vermont. MG 4
A Spitfire Video- Three minute run through Smugglers Notch in Vermont. Triumph 4
F Three worn hubs and wire wheel centers - What to do next? 1960 BT7 Austin Healey 6
jackq Three VWs Other Cars 3
T Looking for two part, three point seat belts Austin Healey 6
dougie Three Historic and Importnat Big Healeys Come to Market Austin Healey 5
JPSmit Question three - horn - electricery Spridgets 12
Marvin Gruber Three rebuilt BJ8 engine- FINALLY! Austin Healey 17
KVH TR4/4A Three Questions: Distributors, Idling, Turn Signal Flasher Triumph 29
DanLewis For sale: 3 Bugeye bodyshells with hoods $500 ea, $1000 for all three. NFI Spridgets 0
JPSmit Parting out Three Bugeyes Spridgets 0
Boggsy64 MGB Three port exhaust header? MG 6
JPSmit Two LBCs [actually three but only two pics - and some boats Spotted 4
Tinkerman TR2/3/3A TR3A 1960 Gas on three out of four plugs ? Triumph 6
AngliaGT Can't Believe that it's Been Three Years..... MG 3
C Lotus 15 Series Three examined and explained Racing 0
Westfield_XI Three broken spiders later..... Spridgets 54
L BJ8 three point belt anchor Austin Healey 2
KVH TR4/4A TR4 Transmission Cover: The Three Big Triumph 7
7 948 sprite chewed the number three rod bearing MG 10
R I have three oill pans bolts that have leaked oilc Triumph 6
B TR2/3/3A 1957 TR3/ Minor detail questions Part THREE Triumph 7