• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

Wire wheel axles

Link does not work.
 
Can't see the link, but if they are from a later Sprite or Midget they will almost certainty be 1/2" too short. The impact of this on functionality or performance is debatable. Some say they will work just fine unless you are running some big torque monster. I just finally decided that I preferred disks to get over that bug.

Brian
 
They will be 3/8" shorter than steel wheel axles but will work just fine for regular use.
Do not autocross, race, off road rally, etc.
I have done 2 conversions this way on my own cars and never had a problem.
 
Back
Top