Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I don't care what it is. It's a hero in my book, as I sit here watching the squirrels dig up my grass to hide their acorns for the winter. AGGGGHHHHH!!!
I used to trap squirrels in our yard and sometimes caught 6 or 7 in a day. The neighbors were very happy about it. So they started putting out cute lawn ornaments and new foliage considerably improving the squirrel habitat. I figured they should gain a better appreciation of the fuzz-tailed-varmints so I quit trapping them.
This bird has the wrong build for a Coopers, Sharp Shinned or any accipiter. It is a Buteo for sure. Red Tails are highly variable, and a red tail is not a necessary diagnostic characteristic. They can range from pure white (I actually got to see and photograph one of these) to almost black, and everything in between.
The coloration on this bird suggests that it is an immature bird. I'd like to have it visit my yard and thin the rodent population. And I'd really like it if some would show up and terrorize the flickers that are drilling on my house.
My recipe for squirrel:
Clean and quarter squirrel. Brown in a little butter in a 9" cast iron skillet. Discard squirrel and eat skillet.
Bruce
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.