Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
OK.... I am catching on now, do you need the part on the bonnet or the firewall? (sorry, I do not know the US to English translation of the firewall) I have both and if you need them in a hurry I can get them off Saturday Morning and possibly in the mail the same day
Are you talking the lower plastic peice that includes the air controls too? I have that. My retired 8 had the radio place so the radio slipped right in.
The part that goes around the radio. Never seen inside one so I don't know what it is to be. I have the air controls.with the diagrams for use.. I think it is below that. car is a 1980 7
I beleive that is exactly where it came from. I do have that also. If you give me a list of parts you are looking for I will take pics of them and make sure we are talking the same thing.
Well, being I have never had a 6 and have only had my DHC8 (not counting the time in the garage being painted and WAITING FOR MY STARTER) for 3 weeks, I think I am not capable of giving you solid advice. I am finishing the de-parting of my FHC this week end so if there is any obscure peices of the 8 you might need, let me know an I will stach them too. I hope next week end the FHC body will be off to the Triumph salvage yard.
Well I picked up the starter today, and as mad as I am at the horrible customer service and the "Dude it just happens sometimes" delivery three time what they told me.....It is a pretty darn sweet starter. It is probably a third less weight and a third smaller in size.
While we were waiting and waiting for teh starter the local performace shop guy stopped by to take a look at the 8 and we offered to tighten up the steering a little and took my power steering pump and did a rebuild with new gaskets and such.
We threw in the starter and the power steering pump back in. Connected the battery and the starter made a huge difference. The lifters were knocking a little I guess from the front being up in the air for 2 weeks and then smoothed out. My lights would not pop up (I guess the Lucas Fairy did not fix them while they were in the garage cause I forgot to play with them) and I we were looking to make sure everything was tightened up we noticed a drip then a squirt then a flood of power steering fluid. Upon looking at the hose the hose must have been rubbing against the subframe for awhile. The threads could be felt thru the leak but the increased pressure from the rebuilt pump must have popped the worn spot. SO I am off to the parts store tomorrow am to get some hose to create a repair part until I can find a replacement hose.
You wouldn't happen to have the square dash top piece would you? The piece that goes in the center of the dash top over and behind the the switch plinth?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.