Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
All of the Laycock OD's will go bang if engaged and you back up. The internal roller clutch only likes working in forward gears. So not just MG's and AH but TR's too.
I was backing out one night and hit the OD switch and it came on, I was still in the drive way and not going fast and only maybe for 5 feet so far it doesnt seem to have messed up my OD unit, but I must have a switch hanging up so I got to replace them. I hate the location of the OD switch every time I hit the turnsignals I turn the OD on
I added a small indicator light (blue) to be able to tell when OD was engaged - primarily for night driving. It also makes it easy to test or confirm that the selector switches are doing there job and the OD is not inappropriately engaging.
I added one to but couldnt get it to light, per my other post on new old bulbs, its a LED and I just had to get the polarity right, and its working now, mine is green
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.