• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Where's Waldo

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Good point
map pic.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
We've been to Honduras several times, but never made it to Roatan. Heard lots of great things. Did make it to La Ceiba and Tela, on the coast - great food, thanks to the Garifuna (African descent). I'd love to live down there, but SWMBO would not be on board.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
When we were in Spain last year, after about 2 weeks, we started getting 'retire in Spain' feeds on my phone - then International Living Magazine started appearing - I subscribed for 6 months and stopped but still receive 27 emails a day. They have literally monetized every single aspect of this but know their stuff. Well worth a look. PM me your email and I will send a recent issue which has an article on Roatan

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
So back at home now. A lot of work ahead of us.
here is a pretty pic looking toward a beach lot we are interested in.
ONQO5153.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks great - but aren't you supposed to be sitting on that beach looking the other direction?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice, Don. Hope you are able to get it.

Personally, I won't leave CONUS. The left coast of Florida suits me fine. :wink:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Did you fly into Tegucigalpa or San Pedro Sula? The airport at "Tegoose" is an ~interesting~ experience, to say the least!

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mick, flew to Atl then straight into Coxon Hole
Then to Miami and home
Less than 4 hours total flying time each way

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nice, Don. Hope you are able to get it.

Personally, I won't leave CONUS. The left coast of Florida suits me fine. :wink:
The left coast of Florida will be our winter home

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My middle son who retired Feb 1 at the ripe old age of 59 just bought a lot on the left coast of FL and has plans to build a house on it next spring. Maybe we'll get to visit sometime.

RDKeysor

Jedi Trainee
Bronze
Country flag
No, actually Waldo is on Rt 301 between Ocala and Starke in Florida. It was once a notorious speed trap. In fact Waldo and Starke were written up as speed traps in, of all places, Smithsonian Magazine, probably 20 years ago. I used to go through there on my way back and forth from Washington, D.C., to Tampa before moving to Florida. I was aware of he town's reputation, doubly so as I was driving first a Porsche 944 and then a red 968 through the berg. Truth is I never saw anyone stopped by police in Waldo or Starke. But beware I75 south of Macon, GA, to the Florida line. Local police and sheriff's deputies prey on motorists on that highway, and they are nailing a lot of motorists. But I digress

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
RDKeysor said:
No, actually Waldo is on Rt 301 between Ocala and Starke in Florida.

:winner1:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
No, actually Waldo is on Rt 301 between Ocala and Starke in Florida. It was once a notorious speed trap. In fact Waldo and Starke were written up as speed traps in, of all places, Smithsonian Magazine, probably 20 years ago.

Beware approaching Cortez, Colorado on US491 (formerly US666, the Devil's highway) from the south or the north. Every time I've gone through there I've either seen someone pulled over and/or cops sitting in well hidden areas just waiting to pounce. When you hit that sign that says "35mph" you'd better be going 35mph or less.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Summersville WV - don't ask me how I know

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, the offer was accepted and now it becomes real.

IMG_3931.jpg