• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 Where were you on this day in 1967?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Senior year in high school, wishing I had a GT6 - my favorite at the time.

Oh, and thanks for the visual, Tom! :jester:

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Rosemont elementary, Oak Cliff, Tx.......wishing the years would not drag by so sloooowly!

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Driving the same TR3 that's now apart (and going back together) in my basement. Tom

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
That was three months before I went into the Army. I was driving a red (with white racing stripe) '62 TR4. After basic training, that car was driven from Long Island to my AIT at Fort Gordon, GA...and back again, and then to Wash. DC, and then got wrecked somewhere along the way before I got sent to Thailand. Too bad, I really liked that car.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
In England driving a MINI, getting the MG TA ready to bring back to the States. We got 2 weeks notice of a transfer to Kelly AFB in Texas, not very happy. A little bitter, yeah, but now the good stuff, life goes on if you are lucky. Not a good time to be in service during that time, but lots of great cars were being made.

Wayne

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Was just back from the United States Grand Prix. Jim Clark nursed home a win (his Lotus 49 had broken its rear suspension) over team mate Graham Hill. Very few cars finished but boy was there drama and excitement.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I was a high school junior at Marion Millitary Institute prepping for a career as a Navy pilot. Alas it was not to be...won a Navy scholarship, but poor eyesight kept me from flying, so off to college and 6 or 7 years of 'education'!
Rut

Triumph G. I.

Freshman Member
I was stationed at Vint Hill Farms in the Army Security Agency. In the next year I bought a new Jasmine Yellow TR-250. Had, and sold, a bunch of muscle cars since then. Now, here is the good part, last week I bought a restored white 250 and ready to take it home this week. It rained everyday last week and the car will not be driven in poor weather. The car has bolt on Panasport wheels on it and brand new tires. My new wires will be here on Tuesday and the redline tires will be here at the end of the week. Today I am watching football while planning our next year vacation Bletchley Park, home of the WW2 Nazi code breakers in the U. K..
Rich

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was a sophomore in high school longing for a Triumph GT6 or a Capri. Never did get them.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
1967? That's one of those years where I don't seem to remember much of what happened. Also 1968 & 1969.

I'm pretty sure I had long hair and was wearing beads.

58-TR3-G.jpg

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Lets see, I was 11. That was a long time ago and don't remember what I did last week let alone 48 years ago. Should have asked me 10 years ago I would have had a better chance of remembering.

wlivesey

18 years old...Army Basic Training, Ft Bragg NC...heading for Pleiku & then Dakto Viet Nam. Then when I go back bought a 66 Tiger for $2600