• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

when is the next spridget gathering? Its been too long folks :D

Country flag
There has been no unofficial plans, but Phil B. had mentioned trying to do a gathering in conjunction with MG2014 in French Lick Indiana.

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
****..I'd be afraid to drive that far in my Midget!

1974MGMidget

Don't be! You're missing a great opportunity. Get your car ready, then take the back roads and take your time and enjoy the many sights of America off the Interstates. If Phil can make it from south Florida, you can do it from NJ! Sounds like a great idea for French Lick. There were only about 14 Midgets at MG2012 in Dillard, GA. I know there are a lot more Midgets around. You're got one year to get ready. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
Trusting that car to a neophyte lik eme could be the death of me..lol...but i would lOVE to meet all of "y'all"....anyone ever do any in New jersey??

sswarin

Country flag
Hey...there are a lot of Spridgeteers in NJ, especially South Jersey. Maybe you can get a caravan going. Travelling together provides security, comradery, help with breakdowns (heaven forbid), etc. I am planning on French Lick and I hope to see others attend also. Steve

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
While not purely Spridgets, if you're looking for a Brit-car meet in New Jersey, why not attend Brits at the Beach in Ocean Grave.....whoops, I mean Ocean Grove. :friendly_wink:

It's on September 21st, 2013 and I'm sure there'll be lots of Sprites/Midgets there.

~More Info~

There's also the Gettysburg, PA event next weekend. Again, not just Spridgets but there is sure to be many in attendance.

~Gettysburg Event~

Want to drive a bit farther? I'll be at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix in two weeks. This is probably one of the best car get-togethers in the world and it's only about a 7 hour drive from NJ. Lots and lots of excellent British cars plus many other keen classics.
Mustang and MG are the featured marques for 2013.
As well as the show (which is 500+ cars on a beautiful golf course) they close down Shenley Park (the main city park) and we have all-out races through it!
I'll be in the Small Bore races, which are at least half Spridgets.
The PVGP is an event that should be on everyone's bucket list.

~Brit Cars at PVGP~

~Main PVGP website~

~View From My Car~

nomad

Yoda
Don't be! You're missing a great opportunity. Get your car ready, then take the back roads and take your time and enjoy the many sights of America off the Interstates. If Phil can make it from south Florida, you can do it from NJ! Sounds like a great idea for French Lick. There were only about 14 Midgets at MG2012 in Dillard, GA. I know there are a lot more Midgets around. You're got one year to get ready. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

I like your thinking and agree totally.

I may have to consider that trip as well. Been to a couple of the annual MG meets and they're a lot of fun.

Kurt.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Frank C. used to drive his Spridget to WI from Tom's Rive to visit with the White Trash Racing Team on a fairly regular basis. Take the back roads and you can make it.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Having driven from Washington State to Missouri for the first, and missing (due to back surgery) the gathering in Wisconsin, I've been hoping for something a little closer than having to make a 4000+ mile round trip. Indiana moves it even further EAST. If someone is starting to plan, how about giving us left coasters a break.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
BTW MG2014 is scheduled for June 15 to June 19, 2014. Now if Bugsy II were finished by then, it's a leisurely 4 hour trip on the back roads from Dayton. For Trevor, it's close to Louisville.

nomad

Yoda
Having driven from Washington State to Missouri for the first, and missing (due to back surgery) the gathering in Wisconsin, I've been hoping for something a little closer than having to make a 4000+ mile round trip. Indiana moves it even further EAST. If someone is starting to plan, how about giving us left coasters a break.

Bill, I guess beggars can't be chooser's. If I got to vote I would vote for the Black Hill's of So. Dak.. Thousands of Harley riders from all over the country seem to like it on an annual basis. Some what centrally located.
Don't know how the annual MG meeting places are picked. Any one know????

Kurt.

taskadog

Jedi Trainee
MG3013 was in Corvallis OR.
2012 was in Georgia and 2014 is in Indiana.
These events are put on by MAMGB, the MGB national register. They move them around the country each year.
I thought Indiana would be central to most of us, but I realize its a haul from the left coast.
I'm not sure I'll make it next June, I'll be studying pretty hard for the Bar Exam given in July, and a week and a half off would be ill advised.
Phil

Country flag
Studying for the Bar Exam? What is wrong with your priorities! ;)

It seems at the end of the 2011 Spridgets gathering people were rather iffy on doing another meet in just 3 years, but there was a little more interest in doing one on the five year mark. That would be 2016. Maybe we should start brainstorming on that possibility.

The issue remains ... many spridgets owners are "cheap" people and do not want to shell out big travel expense to attend an event (or can't afford the travel time).
Left coast rules out most all of the right coasters and vica-versa. Central locations rule out some east coasters and some left coasters. There is not enough organizational volunteers to pull off an event on each coast AND then the numbers may still not be strong.

My vote is to have an event central, but have plenty of lead time and promotions and incentives for early registrations.

Early planning helps people make plans for trailering and trip planning.

taskadog

Jedi Trainee
Studying for the Bar Exam? What is wrong with your priorities! ;)

It seems at the end of the 2011 Spridgets gathering people were rather iffy on doing another meet in just 3 years, but there was a little more interest in doing one on the five year mark. That would be 2016. Maybe we should start brainstorming on that possibility.

The issue remains ... many spridgets owners are "cheap" people and do not want to shell out big travel expense to attend an event (or can't afford the travel time).
Left coast rules out most all of the right coasters and vica-versa. Central locations rule out some east coasters and some left coasters. There is not enough organizational volunteers to pull off an event on each coast AND then the numbers may still not be strong.

My vote is to have an event central, but have plenty of lead time and promotions and incentives for early registrations.

Early planning helps people make plans for trailering and trip planning.

X2

PeterC

Jedi Warrior
MG3013 was in Corvallis OR.
2I'll be studying pretty hard for the Bar Exam given in July, and a week and a half off would be ill advised.
Phil

Phil, I can help with half of that.... and you'd need a week and a half off to recover!.... as would I.

You don't really need a big excuse.... just hop in your Spridget, and vidget someone.

PeterC

taskadog

Jedi Trainee
2016 sounds great. Midget 55 !!
The event will need plenty of planning and its never too soon to start.
As I see it, we need a location between the Rockies/I-25 and I-75 east to west and I-20 to I-80.
This will be a long haul for some and right around the corner for others. There's no way around that.

Country flag
A cornfield? ;)

taskadog

Jedi Trainee
A cornfield? ;)

Colorado Springs, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Springfield of Champagne Illinois?
I'm not in a position to help organize anything for another year, but after that, I'll do what I can.
Anyplace is a long drive from Seattle or South Florida, I'm just speculating that we'll have the best turnout in the middle of the country.

nomad

Yoda
Colorado Springs, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Springfield of Champagne Illinois?
I'm not in a position to help organize anything for another year, but after that, I'll do what I can.
Anyplace is a long drive from Seattle or South Florida, I'm just speculating that we'll have the best turnout in the middle of the country.

Black Hill's!;)

Don't know of anyone to coordinate things out there right now. Elk Hart lake was great maybe Peter and crew would do it again!

Kurt.