Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I put an OD in the TR4 and ended up with a fine 4-speed I didn't really need. Seemed apparent I would get next to nothing for it so it sits as a spare, guaranteeing the box in the TR3 will never fail.
Even if someone would pay the 50 to 75 mentioned they would probably have to be in a position to pick it up in person as shipping would be close to $100 for most destinations.
Was cleaning up my TR3 non-syncro 1st box 2 weeks ago, getting ready to order the stuff to rebuild it, and discovered a tooth missing off the first gear on the countershaft! Pretty much made my decision to use the full syncro 4A box I have, for me. Thankfully I have all the TR4A clutch and flywheel bits so all I will need to do is the trans tunnel mod.
Unless I score the OD unit I know of...mehehehehehehe
In the meanwhile, I'd sure like to find a good countershaft to make that 3 box a good unit.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.