Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Hi guys - got my pulley issue sorted so now I need - FINALLY - a narrow belt. For grins and giggles I tried a TR6 belt and it is to long. Anyone have a cross-reference handy?
You may still need to go to a parts counter and find the perfect one, but this is working for me for a test fit on the 3A with a NipponDenso alternator:
Gates 7380 High Capacity V-Belt (Standard); HC41 13/32" x 38 5/8"
Its coming along slowly! Work and travel has gotten in the way a bit. I've refurbed the gearbox and od, but as yet still haven't mated the two together yet - its apparently a bit of an art form to get everything lined up perfectly. I'm hoping to get it together this month, then engine and gearbox mounted on the frame for a startup hopefully before the heavy summer hits.
TD,I think that you need know the pulley profile ,then get the right lenght.There seems to be many "thin belts" with small variations.
Moss uses metric wedge(vbelt)Quinton Hazell Qba 975,which is 10x8mm profile.
Tom
Heres a chart I was looking at when I thought I needed a shorter belt.I wound up cutting off the top half of steering box mount and the 975 worked. belts
Tom
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.