• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What kind of desktop backgrounds?

Basil

Administrator
Boss
coffee shop? weird

Coffee Shop.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.38.49 PM.png

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Is that a Gorn I see hiding behind that bush?
When I was there I came across 3 people doing a photo shoot. I said they should take a photo of the guy running with the rock in the background and photoshop a Gorn in. None of them knew what a Gorn was.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Here's is one scary creature :scared:
I took this selfie yesterday during a youth soccer game I was officiating.

IMG_4658.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I honestly had never noticed the coffee shop, for whatever reason my eye has never been drawn to that part of the screen.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I honestly had never noticed the coffee shop, for whatever reason my eye has never been drawn to that part of the screen.

You were probably drawn to that building address in the upper left of the building - 223 (which coincidentally was my street address growing up).

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You were probably drawn to that building address in the upper left of the building - 223 (which coincidentally was my street address growing up).

Probably so.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
OK, this is too weird for me. Many years of my life have been spent living near each of these two locations.

Don't know how long this gas station has been gone. 60's? 70's? It was long gone by the 80's.

View attachment 65140

The coffee shop is still there, sort of, but maybe not for long.

A few years back it moved from the dilapidated pier location seen here to a newer spot close by. The city is deciding what to do with the pier, rebuild in the short term or replace it altogether.

After the move business was slower, even before the bug. The old location was just better for customers. Right now business is terrible. The lady who started the place back in the 80's passed away last year and the new owner doesn't know if he can hold on till things get back to normal. The city is trying to work with him.

View attachment 65188

Hate to break it to 'ya, but sometime since that pic was taken the number was changed to 233.

70dc38d58940e345677329c30022ccbe_-united-states-california-los-angeles-county-redondo-beach-pollys-on-the-pier-310-318-3736htm.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
On my CEntOS 5 machine, Mitsy doin' her Bunny Yeager impersonation.

yeager1.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
So, were you doing an impression of the 1960s model the camera pointed at?? No, wait, not a mental image I want to have...

Not to fret, Mike. I only work behind the lens. I've a face for radio.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
There was a Gorn family here in Stamford. Father had a small electric company; made parts for the military in WW 11. I went to school with his oldest son. He had a tough time growing up and sadly, died young.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
We have a laptop, I don't really use it, and don't have a screensaver. On my phone--below--no cars, but taken on a day we took the Autostrada to visit the Ferrari museum and my wife also set me up with a short drive in a Ferrari, which was very nice of her (to say the least) then on the way back we took the backroads through the mountains and came on this:
IMG_20190605_165433537-1.jpg
So that is on my phone
On my TV is this, which is a picture of a Mark II Sprite brochure
IMG_20200215_170242082.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That bridge photo is outstanding.