• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is your background

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I've "fiddled" with everything I could from the age of about 5. Have a natural need to take everything apart and see how it works. Found out early on that broken things thing usually repair themselves by taking them apart and giving them a good cleaning. If that does not work it's a learning experience on how to fix them. If you can't fix it, we'll it was broken anyway.

First car was a '72 midget at 16 (hence the need to find another) Worked and cleaned it day and night and even fell asleep in it once while working on it. Drove it up & down the driveway teaching myself to drive until I could get my license. (took my road test in moms/my XJ6) One of my best friends at the time was doing the same, not learning to drive, and while backing my Midget down the driveway, turned the wrong way and crashed into a tree. Smack dab in the center of the tail light. Crushed it and most of the back end of the car. Car was down hill from there with one thing after another breaking. Sold it a year later.
Bought a '77 Trans Am. Bandit car. Worked the snot out of it. Fast M'f'er I tell ya. Had that one up to 140 on the Taconic Parkway. Crashed it about 3 years later when someone cut me off. Head on. Bent the frame and bye bye blackbird. Then a Toyota and then my current DD, a 1991 Ford Ranger with 130k. Reliable to say the least.

Married my college sweetheart. (met on the first day of school) Coming up on being married for 16 years and have been with each other for 20. 3 kids - 12G, 10B & 5G. (stripped the engine with my 12G this morning)

AS in Archtectural drafting & a BA in Architectural Design but could not get work in the early nineties because of a recession. Worked at everything I could that had anything to do with building to get a better feel of how it all went together. Got a job working at a sign company 11 years ago and have not looked back. One of the strongest/best sign companies there is around. I have signs all over the world right now. If & when I get outta signs, I'd like to be a shop teacher.

About 8 years ago I went for a drive with my family. As we are heading down the road, I kept seeing all these lbcs. "Ooh look at that". "Oh there's another". "Did you see that one". Ya think dis colliage gradutate wood uv figered it out. My wife was taking me to the Concours car show at the Vanderbilt Mansion. Boy was that a dumb move for her. About a week later I bought my current rusty tub of a '72 midget, Then I got another. And then another. And then a TD and now the GT. And I'm still looking for that Blaze '72 and a Rubber Bumper B. (she's gonna kill me).

Jackass of all trades & a master of none. "So it goes, so it goes"

Thats about it for me. I think.