• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is this for, 3 holes + 1 Large hole on rear License Plate Indent on BE

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Any idea why I have this opening plus 3 Mounting holes on my BE License Plate indent. What goes there. Nothing I can remember.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015 09 12 Mystery Opening on License Plate.jpg
    2015 09 12 Mystery Opening on License Plate.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 174

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Somebody probably fitted a reverse lamp or maybe a license plate lamp. Definitely not original.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Oil slick shooter or machine gun is my guess.

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Car lived in Canada for many years. Maybe some sort of local regulations, Thanks

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I'm going with the oil slick shooter!
Rut

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Car lived in Canada for many years. Maybe some sort of local regulations, Thanks

Why didn't you say that at the beginning - maple syrup gun - definitely maple syrup gun!

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Hey got the rear brace on for rotisserie this afternoon. Just need to bolt on the bracket from engine stands and up in the air goes Bugsy II. Finally found some free time today. First time in months garage time.

Country flag
​CB antenna?

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Rear fog light?

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Hmmmm. It is exactly the right shape for a CB antenna with a 108" whip. One more hole to weld up. I used to sell a lot of those 45 years ago managing a Radio Shack store.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Jim,
Just go old school and reinstall the CB antenna with a bright orange ball or flag on top like a lot of go carts!
Rut

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hmmmm. It is exactly the right shape for a CB antenna with a 108" whip. One more hole to weld up. I used to sell a lot of those 45 years ago managing a Radio Shack store.

Yup.

Where were you then, Jim? I had several stores in Louisiana from '71-'78. We used to fight over the few radios and whip antennas that were parceled out during the CB craze. My last store was in the old SMIA program, if you remember that. Still have all my old stereo equipment I bought when I left the company.

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Mickey,
73-78 in Cincinnati. 9 stores over 5 years including 3 or 4 new ones. Lots of hours working retail but sure learned a whole lot. Made some good cash opening new stores for a few years even got a few Awards Jackets along the way. Good learning and training right out of college. We were probably at same National Meetings back then.

nomad

Yoda
Jim,
Just go old school and reinstall the CB antenna with a bright orange ball or flag on top like a lot of go carts!
Rut

Nahh, you have to put a little light up there that is activated when you talk! Had a local guy with a 600 Honda fitted out that way.

Kurt.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Mickey,
73-78 in Cincinnati. 9 stores over 5 years including 3 or 4 new ones. Lots of hours working retail but sure learned a whole lot. Made some good cash opening new stores for a few years even got a few Awards Jackets along the way. Good learning and training right out of college. We were probably at same National Meetings back then.

That was probably Radio Shack's heyday: Hi-Fi, Scanners, CB Radios, and of course the TRS-80!!! I always liked the first TRS-80's error messages: "What?" and "How?" Basic was easy, but programming was so laborious. "GoSub210", or "If I=5, Then GOTO10"

Baby Blue had a pair of 6.5" Realistic speakers installed in the trunk partition when I first got her. I replaced them with Pioneers, but both are still on the shelf if I ever want to go back to a "period correct" system.