• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is the rustiest, most run down Healey you have ever seen?

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Geez Marv, that one looks pristine compared to some of the other ones shown here !!!!:highly_amused:

OP
L

Lambdaman

Well the car that was the first one posted for this thread has made its way to the UK and is once again on eBay now bundled with a new chassis. image.jpg

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
This one isn't excessively rusty, but the owner isn't doing to well!

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 185

sirhiss01

Freshman Member
Hi Landamam:

To prevent rust in the doglegs, front and backm outdry them out with a leaf blower, patricularly after a long drive. To minimize rust in the undercarriage-frame rails, floor pans, outriggers and innner and inner and outer rocker panels it is best to wash them regularly. This wii require making a pact with the local foreign car dealer who may give you use of a lift or do it himself.

I hope this is some hel.

Regards
sirhiss01

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I think we should start a thread that follows the disappearance of parts from these rusty beauties. For example, you'd think someone would snatch the motor, rear end, steering wheel ( we all know those trafficators are rare as hen's teeth), boot lids and bonnets, and so on. But NO people seem to take trinkets that are readily available and cost little like radiator caps, carb air filters, cooling fans ( I got 5 of those, all used but serviceable when I bought my rusty gem). How is it that one of the few missing items were the driver adjustable seat rails, which never seem to wear out yet someone needed them; their gain was my loss but WHY? Here is a shot of what i started with. Looks worse than it was. Outer sills and outriggers were the worst.20170630_155444.jpg

Country flag
... How is it that one of the few missing items were the driver adjustable seat rails, which never seem to wear out yet someone needed them...

The rails may not wear out, but the studs that that hold the seats down strip if you look at them too hard.

Side note: Anybody been able to replace these? Can the studs be punched/ground out/off then bolts welded-in?

DTDuck

Country flag
Actually a car I owned in the '90's it was a BN1 not sure if it was a '53 or '54 (never got to the point that I cared to find out) I bought it as a parts car. It was very rusty, Swiss cheese floors & frame, it had been cut for a V-8 but never completed and had been hit hard enough in the front that the frame was irreparably bent (shroud too). My nickname for this car was "Sad Sack". It did come with a full set of instruments, Top Bows and a few other items I needed for my BN2 at the time. I sold it on with the BN2 as a package deal about '02 or so. I will have to look to see if I have any pictures, but I don't think so.

Cheers,
Dan M.