• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What Are You Listening To?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Wire recorders!?! First time ever hearing my own voice was on a wire recorder. Didn't much like it. By age four or five dad got an Ampex reel-to-reel monophonic "portable" recorder. It was the size of a suitcase. Some time in the early '60's he added a four-track Roberts. Two speeds by changing capstan size and able to isolate/overdub channels. "Electrovoice" 636 mic's on stands, a classmate and I made our own audio productions. We had a lot of fun with that.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I missed Christmas with this one. Oh well.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Got caught up in their version of "Halleluja"!! 😮😲

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Anyone else remember these guys?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I remember that song but would not have been able to tell you who did it.
San Francisco group overshadowed by Hendrix, Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane.

Another group that didn't get their due:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
San Francisco group overshadowed by Hendrix, Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane.

Another group that didn't get their due:
That's another song I know but couldn't have told you who did it. By the way, did I even mention that I had the pleasure of seeing Hendix live in 69 (Denver Jazz/Poop Festival, Mile High Stadium)? Pretty sure I got stoned (and I didn't smoke pot, but there was enough in the air it was unavoidable).

Here's another group (Orpheus) that is under rated - I've read they were a big influence on Brad Delp (Boston). This a cover of The Left Bank's "Walk Away Renee"

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
In my shop, i don't have a big selections of CDs... I forget to take more to the shop. Anyway I often have a Boston festival, there is a guy, Richard Searls, that plays Renaissance music, I bought a bunch of his CDs over the years at the local highland games, and a band from Houston, TX, Clandestine, also from the same highland games. When in the kitchen where Alexa hangs out - John Prine, Bruce Springsteen and the local classical music station, KBAQ.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Popped open Youtube and my brother's band had just posted a new video. Martin is singing as is Trisha my sister in law (on his right)

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Stumbled upon while down the YT rabbit hole. The editing and timing of the music with the clips is pretty amazing.