• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What Are You Listening To?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
This always raises the hairs on my arms.

David
Just saw this - great to listen on a rainy Saturday morning. Thanks, David! πŸ‘

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
This was included on the disk set for Windows 95 - man that seems like a lifetime ago!

Sorry, neither her songs or her singing ever got to me.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
One of my favorite "personalizations" in my Healey is the Becker Europa II AM/FM Stereo. It has a small auxiliary amp and looks more or less period correct as the design of the Becker faceplate didn't change much over the years. I found a shop in California that added Bluetooth and I can stream my Spotify library from my iPhone. There's nothing like listening to tunes that would have been current from the time the car was new while out for a drive... adds another dimension to the "time machine" nature of our cars.

IMG_0241.JPG

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Rick - the Becker Mexico from my old 1958 Mercedes-Benz:

View attachment 73490

Short save unit underneath was an option.
Don't know if I imagine it, but the Becker seems to have a very full, rich tone. I got mine for $20 at a swap meet. They go for way more than that now. I'm guessing mine must of come from a 70s Mercedes.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Oh man there's a flashback! I presume they thought it was the Beatles where you are also?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Country flag
Yea I recall that discussion too that it was the Beatles getting a new start. I still have the 2-3 albums purchased in the 70s when I was in school.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
From the same time as the Beatles.

I remember them playing in a local club.

David

What a lovely story, never heard of the Liverbirds.

I may have mentioned before, Mrs JP's parents came from Liverpool and her cousin met her spouse at the Cavern listening to the Beatles.