Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
OK, It has been years since this trunk was in it's original configuration. The tabs indicated by the arrows are bent over. Is there something that attach's to them, or on a '73 US model was it done by the factory, or by the DPO (me)?
On mine the tab on the floor has been flattened down. From the way the paint has chipped and cracked on the joint I suspect it may have been sticking up or bent over like yours is. No idea what it is for. Place to secure some tool?
The tab on the side is bent over towards the front of the car. It does not look like it has ever been used. I do not think it is for wiring since the hole through the lid support bracket and anchor tab behind that are for that purpose.
They get covered up by the trunk liner anyway don't they. I was using the one on the sidewall to secure the 4 way wheel wrench but once I put in the new trunk liners it was covered up. If I remember correctly.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.