• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What a beautiful day for a drive !!!

G

I know some of you guys are in horrible weather right now but it's PERFECT here in the MS gulf coast area today. It's been raining for two weeks and we finally got a break. It's been in the high 80's and 90's w/ 80% humitity latley and miserable.

Sunny, 64 degrees, low humidity and breezy. One of the local kids needed a ride.....so to the Midget we go.

Too bad I have things to do today.

The wife will be back soon and we'll take the car out so she can have her driving lessons. It's been several years since she drove a standard. It's her car but she never drives it.

I'll put a few miles on for you guys that can't get 'em out due to weather.

Morris

Yoda
It's perfect here in Austin, too! Sunny and 64°!

Fortunately, I have a job. Unfortunately, said job is keeping from driving.

Still, pretty happy to have a good job. :wink:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
here it is gorgeous but cold. 42 deg F right now - so, Morris I'm glad you have to work and kellysguy I think I speak for many on the board when I say we hate you. :devilgrin: :wall:

OP
G

I love Austin weather. I'll be going back to work soon so this is the last horah for me as I lost my business and now have to get a job.

Hey JPS, when you're out toolin' around, we have 100 degree heat w/ 110% humidity and the occational 175 MPH winds here !!!!!!

Last week was "Cruisin' The Coast" down here and the weather was HORRIBLE !!!

It has been for the last two weeks. Of course it started right when I got my carpet finished.

Who you need to be hatin' on is Morris. Austin has BEAUTIFUL weather most of the year. It's the next best thing to Cali stateside.

tao724

Jedi Trainee
JPSmit said:
here it is gorgeous but cold. 42 deg F right now - so, Morris I'm glad you have to work and kellysguy I think I speak for many on the board when I say we hate you. :devilgrin: :wall:

I'm with JP......38 degrees Fahrenheit here with drizzly cold rain. (33 degress celsius) :eeek:

But, its good to know the drive goes on in Miss and Tex!

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I believe that you missed the decimal in your temperature conversion. 38 degrees F. is not 33 degrees C. 33 degrees C. is over 90 degrees F. 3.3 is what you meant. The former science teacher in me couldn't let this pass. LOL

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
kellysguy said:
I love Austin weather. I'll be going back to work soon so this is the last horah for me as I lost my business and now have to get a job.

Hey JPS, when you're out toolin' around, we have 100 degree heat w/ 110% humidity and the occational 175 MPH winds here

I know - Orlando was the same when we lived there - and we had some winds there as well, though I went and cleaned up some after Katrina and it was no contest.

Sorry to hear about your business

And of course no one can hate Morris - he's just too darn cute

grin.gif

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
Morris said:
It's perfect here in Austin, too! Sunny and 64°!

Fortunately, I have a job. Unfortunately, said job is keeping from driving.

Still, pretty happy to have a good job. :wink:

It was nice this morning. Had planned on leaving early for work and getting a good ride, was up late trimming my side curtains for better fit ( about 30F so top up for starters....)
But
my better half let me sleep so just a normal run in

Fall colors are spectacular here in Michigan, my favorite time of the year for country side cruis'n but I can't see where I will be able to get out much, stupid jobs.

OP
G

I've never seen the fall colors before. I'd like to take the car up there at least once to see it. Be thankful you HAVE a job right now. They said on the news the other night there is one ONE jod for every SIX people out of work.

It's nice here again today. We went for a spin and she (Kelly) did a great job driving. I was really impressed. It's been a LONG time since she drove a standard. She was able to hold the car on an incline with the clutch on the first attempt!

She have a go again today. I think I enjoy the car more w/ her driving it as I'm always analizing what's wrong with it when I'm behind the wheel.

She looks good behind the wheel too.

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
In Michigan we're at about 15% unemployment so I'll not complain about "having" to work.
Looks like this:
FallRoad-762453.jpg

and this
Fall_Colors.jpg

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Great start to nice weather in Dayton today. 32 degrees to start this AM but Blue skies right now. Maybe Bugsy can get out and drive. Weather since early September has absolutely sucked. Rain and no LBC time at all.

OP
G

jvandyke said:
In Michigan we're at about 15% unemployment so I'll not complain about "having" to work.
Looks like this:
FallRoad-762453.jpg

and this
Fall_Colors.jpg

WOW !!!!!!

I gotta drive that !!!!!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
:iagree: the colours here are lovely but that is stunning

Morris

Yoda
Was sunny and high 70's here today. It's usually a lot hotter this time of year, but after the hottest summer on record, the weather has decided to smile on us for a while.

I got to spend a big chunk of the afternoon working on and driving my car. I was having some funky stuff go on, so I decided to reload all my software (I have a Megasquirt system in my car) to see if I could work out the bugs. I nearly lost my car when it died at a stop light and would not restart. Those screeching wheels from behind sure make the blood curdle. :eeek:

I finally figured out I had my dwell set too low, :rolleyes: and now she runs like a top!

Anyway, my pics cannot compete with J's breathtaking shots of Michigan, but I did take a few this morning:

EllaWaterFall.jpg

DashLeaf.jpg

FeetInPool.jpg

OP
G

Austin is truely a beautiful city. I almost moved there three times.

I might go MS later too but I just bought a new carb and want to get my $$$ out of it. The MS kit has been in my desk drawer for 4 years.

OP
G

Oh, the wife felt bad so I drove out to my Grandmother's house in the country only to have the same argument with my uncle that we always have once again.

Ahhhhh, the joys of family. And people wonder why I moved to a different state.