• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

We're famous, and on Wikipedia!

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Well, I'll be darned: sent an e-mail to a buddy of my 14 year old grandson, and asked if he'd be interested in learning to drive a standard this summer, as the BE will be running and stopping (reliably) again by then and my daughter and son plus others learned on it (turn the idle up to 2000 rpm; focus on the feel for the clutch; get comfortable; back another day and decrease the idle to 1500; do it again, this time giving it a bit of gas; repeat) and went to Wikipedia to find a picture to attach so he'd know what the car was. And thought that the primrose yellow photo of a BE with its mouth open in the lower left of their group of six looked familiar....
Sure enough: Mike Holtz had painted the AH in the hub caps red; the extra holes of unknown origin in the front subframe; the leather bag on the lawn chair behind. July 26, 2008, at the Vintage Sports Car Club's European Classic Car Show in Calgary. Absolutely no idea how it ended up in Wikipedia but the BE was tickled when I told her.
Austin-Healey Sprite https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin-Healey_Sprite

OP
T

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks for the thought, Hap. I guess there's not quite enough power/engine size to be a 'Wookie', but the alliteration is tempting: a Wiki Wookie.....
Doug