• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well Dang, If This Don't Beat All

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Well this is a timely thread. I recently ordered something from Amazon and when I went to check on it via tracking, I saw this notice:

View attachment 57246

Ordered from Amazon Prime last night about 9 PM - arrived at 3 today - amazing!

OTOH when we met our daughter in Florida in December she flew Toronto - Minneapolis - Orlando - so apparently not just packages.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Indeed - and, actually Toronto, ON, CA - as opposed to Ontario, CA, USA - hmm.

Back in the day when we were doing radar evaluations in Germany, we decided to ship our (rather large in those days) computers back to our unit in Utah (UT). Well, after a few weeks they still had not arrived so we tried to track them down and found they were in some holding facility - in Vermont (VT). We eventually got them back but it took a long time.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Saw a small item on E-Bay last Friday afternoon, 18 Jan. Ordered it. In defense of USPS the E-Bay estimated delivery date was 29 Jan, but it was in the mailbox yesterday. Four days from NYC to Tampa.

George_H

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Unless I miss my guess, The number on the original post looks like a smart-post number. Fedex ground picks up the package are delivers it to the postal dist. center for the usps for final delivery. A real fedex package would track much better. USPS... not so much. USPS shipping estimates are longer than normal. Do not be shocked if your package arrives sooner.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I remember when you'd get an ebay email saying "Your item has shpped!" - but it hadn't even left the seller's possession. Seller clicks "shipped" on the item page, whether it was shipped or not. Now I've noticed the ebay email says something like "Your item is about to be shipped".

If sellers all had long-distance package carrying drones, the problem would disappear. Of course, then most commercial airlines would disappear too.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Back in the day when we were doing radar evaluations in Germany, we decided to ship our (rather large in those days) computers back to our unit in Utah (UT). Well, after a few weeks they still had not arrived so we tried to track them down and found they were in some holding facility - in Vermont (VT). We eventually got them back but it took a long time.

Those old computers had to be airlifted via C5 didn't they?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Those old computers had to be airlifted via C5 didn't they?

Recently de-classified photo of memory chip being delivered to Basil's computer.

Tarhe.jpg

:devilgrin:

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Update
It left Charlotte @ 11:30 AM today
Any guesses where it will go?

OP
DNK