• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Group events

Photography

Well, at least now I know

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I sent off a roll of film that had been lying around for a couple years. Sent to Blue Moon Camera in Portland (thanks for the tip, Doc).
Well, that was a waste. Turns out it was a roll of absolute junk that I must have shot around the house just to finish off the roll. There was one half-way decent picture of my old Hyundai Santa Fe, but the rest was junk.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
But better to know than to wonder! I've a couple "mystery" rolls here (in "roll-your-own" cassettes) that I ~think~ are B&W emulsions. After I've run the three rolls shot recently I may toss 'em in a tank and see what's there.

Still a few frames left on the two rolls in the F2 and FE, soon to be shot.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
This is the one picture that was worth keeping. Based on how clean the wheels are I probably shot this in 2007 shortly after getting the Santa Fe.

2007 Santa Fe Film-0001.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Looks as if the latent images stood up well over the time between! What was the emulsion? Kodak or other? Just curious.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Looks as if the latent images stood up well over the time between! What was the emulsion? Kodak or other? Just curious.
By emulsion I assume you mean (in lay terms) what kind of film was it? It was Fujicolor Superia X-TRA 400. I have three unused rolls of same that I may, just for grins, try to shoot and have developed just to see what happens.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Fuji... somehow I don't think a Kodak emulsion would have been as stable WRT color retention. I may be all wet though. Those were the days when film was holding on by its eye-teeth.

With the color stability of that "old" roll's latent image, I'm guessing you should see good results.