• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Weevils

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Muzzle the mizzens - Sound the alarm! There's extra protein in the biscuit!

(One of the best adventure films I've ever seen.)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Love that movie (Master and Commander, not Pirates of the Caribbean).

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Ahhhh... DVDs... what are those again? :wink-new: Funny silver disc-shaped objects that make cool rainbows when I hang them from my rear-view mirror!

On a serious note, thank you!

I've been thinking of adding a DVD option to our Netflix. Given the new competition in streaming - good movies on different subscription services, it is nice to have a single source.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Mike - I tried the Netflix streaming for just one month. I only watch movies after dinner, so the frequent buffering after 8pm really bothered me. Probably just because of congestion in my town's internet, but now I stick to DVD rental.

Side note: the compression used by most isp's is getting worse here by the day. HD TV isn't really HD, hundreds of channels jammed into each cable system, dozens of streaming services (data, movies, tv, etc.). I'm betting 5G will just make it worse, as more people want to stream more stuff.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Yes - compression is both amazing and terrible. Streaming movie quality really is sh*te - regardless of the stream. I think you have convinced me... time to add the DVD plan! Still like the streaming bit - British Baking Show, for example is a great family activity... we try to recreate some of their creations.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I watched Admiral and it suffers from many historical inaccuracies and jingoistic tendencies. It is a fairly fun movie though.