• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedding Time Again!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
One of our grandsons is getting married in Oklahoma City Saturday. His intended wife, a lovely girl. is a civil engineer, a designer of shopping malls and commercial buildings. He's a good young man and always keeps his nose to the grindstone, never giving his mom any trouble! His dad is the son we lost 6 years ago, it's a shame his dad is gone, he would have been very proud! Going to the wedding Saturday at the Castle, just below Oklahoma City. PJ

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
congrats! sounds like it will be a wonderful day - a little bittersweet but wonderful.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That's awesome. So glad he didn't have to have a virtual wedding, like he would have had to do this time last year

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Got enough grub to feed one more?

Seriously though, congratulations Paul.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Congratulations Paul. Sounds like he caught a good one. I'm in north OKC, wave as you go by.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Dang, I thought I already posted here, but apparently not. (must have had one of them pesky senior moments). Anyway - congratulations, Paul! I honestly believe his Dad will be there and will be very proud. Be sure to take some pictures to share!

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thank fellas, the wedding is going to be fairly small in attendance mainly due to the virus situation, mainly family and very close friends. I agree that in spirit his dad will be there, as he is usually a part of every conversation. Chad, the groom, is an avid flyer, owning three airplanes in the past three years and now doing aerobatics. His intended also loves flying and said the mild aerobatics are a little scary but lots of fun. Their two peas in a pod really made for each other! His brother can marry them, but not sure if that will happen. I'll take some pictures with the phone, there will be a professional photographer there also. PJ

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Funny... I presided over my twin brothers wedding. Ordained by "Universal Life Church" years ago. I try not to say "I married my brother"... though technically it is accurate, even living in the South I get raised eyebrows when I say it😀

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Funny... I presided over my twin brothers wedding. Ordained by "Universal Life Church" years ago. I try not to say "I married my brother"... though technically it is accurate, even living in the South I get raised eyebrows when I say it😀
Yes, I can see how that would cause concern.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Poor picture, but, here are the newlyweds! Chad and Alex Jennings. He's such an aviation nut, they had a lot of guests sign the little drone propeller to put in their library, kinda interesting, never seen that done before. The service was outside and the wind was a little much, but all went well with Chad's brother Lance marrying them. How time flys, I remember holding him in my arms when he was just a baby! Geese, getting old!
Chad & Alex.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Lovely couple and cool what they signed. Thanks too for the explanation, I thought it might have just been a prop. :D

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Congrats Paul! 🎉

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Congratulations Paul!

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks, fellas, were so happy for them. Kinda hard to believe in these modern times, but they're both a little old-fashioned in their beliefs, family first, work second, and play later. Good kids! She's a doll! (y)

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Here's a pic of Alex helping Chad get his aircraft ready for a competition event. Pretty cool! (y)
Chad & Alex 2.jpg

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I think she's gonna be a keeper.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
A Christen Eagle! Beautiful airplane. A few moons ago, I oogled (is that a word... to desire something you know you can't have?) a 1/3 scale model version made by Byron Originals in Iowa. Expensive, but beautiful.