• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Waterpump quality

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I realize that this isn't a new topic by any means. I'm not real comfortable bringing up the topic but the below piece of information could be the cause of many overheating issues.

I'm working with a well known vendor who I respect very much. They are handling the problem for me even better than I had hoped for.

I bought a new water pump (manufacturer starts with C) from supplier and the casting was very wrong. I noticed that the small circulation hole on the left side of the pump (BJ7) leading to the top of the head was off center which blocks nearly half of the hole. I can't help wondering how many people missed this issue when they installed on their car. I noticed it just by chance. It bolts up just fine so there's no reason to suspect the alignment issue. If your car is running hot then you might add this to the troubleshooting list.

Just trying to be helpful.
Dale

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yep Dale!!
That should help a lot of new folks.

Thanks for the post.:applause:

OP
R

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The vendor is looking at other sources, and reviewing the pumps that are made for them. They are not ready to ship anything yet. No problem for me. I only have about 10 hours per week to work on the car and have plenty of other work to do.
Dale

Martinld123

Jedi Hopeful
Bronze
Country flag
I realize that this isn't a new topic by any means. I'm not real comfortable bringing up the topic but the below piece of information could be the cause of many overheating issues.

I'm working with a well known vendor who I respect very much. They are handling the problem for me even better than I had hoped for.

I bought a new water pump (manufacturer starts with C) from supplier and the casting was very wrong. I noticed that the small circulation hole on the left side of the pump (BJ7) leading to the top of the head was off center which blocks nearly half of the hole. I can't help wondering how many people missed this issue when they installed on their car. I noticed it just by chance. It bolts up just fine so there's no reason to suspect the alignment issue. If your car is running hot then you might add this to the troubleshooting list.

Just trying to be helpful.
Dale

I think the "C" word you are looking for is "County", lol. Here is more code, the car parts company that I bought mine from starts with the letter "M" and I had two go bad in my 1956 100M in a very short period of time. Many people are having problems with these water pumps made over in India. I no longer use any parts made by County. Marty

OP
R

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
"I no longer use any parts made by County. Marty"

The vendor name doesn't start with "M".:playful: That said, C is what many are selling. I'm with you Marty, I'm not buying.

The question is what's the best aftermarket water pump available?

Dale

bluegrass john

Country flag
I am interested in purchasing a BJ8 water pump that is rebuildable with the 3/8 pulley or a pump that has already recently been rebuilt; anyone having one having one for sale send me a private message !!

Thanks,

John

OP
R

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
"I am interested in purchasing a BJ8 water pump that is rebuildable with the 3/8 pulley or a pump that has already recently been rebuilt; anyone having one having one for sale send me a private message !!
Thanks,
John"

We all are John.

Dale