• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Waterless, easy/peasy, engine cleaning

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Use to dread spray washing or any water in engine bay for cleaning after long road trips, sometimes engine wouldn't turn over, moisture under dizzy cap, had to wipe under side of dizzy dry.

Current Waterless: Other foam tire cleaners may do the same but haven't tried. Spray liberally, saturate entire engine bay & parts, top to bottom (except chromed) grungy covey hole area below brake servo, entire engine block, green hoses, battery, between engine & battery, wires, back of radiator, rack & pinion, plug wires to block/dizzy, top of dizzy, fuel pump, front of engine, grill, front of radiator, timing chain cover, air horns, coil, radiator fan (bump starter to rotate) let dry, reapply should you want.

Note: Applied to/tested on non-TR 1st, don't take my word for it, be your own judge. While TR6 on jack stands for new aluminum flywheel/clutch. Scraped off 1/8"-1/4" caked on oil/grease/dirt grime (another 5-8 lbs of weight gone) sprayed over entire frame nooks & crannies. Once a year clean šŸ‘with a tad of chrome polishingšŸ˜

Last edited:

Rod-H

Bronze
Country flag
I saw your post on the other forum, also. Does this stuff actually clean anything, does it remove dirt or sludge or oil? It looks more like an engine shine product.

OP
tr6nitjulius

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Before I tried it on my TR6 used it on several under the hood plastics 2002 camry 2007 Saturn Sky 2012 sentra 2002 honda all of them the foam cut through grim without leaving water spots. TR6 cleaned around carb linkage other hard to get to places with no spray off residue/wiping

The honda had never been washed under the hood, applied it while using mother's mag polish to remove uv-rayed milky film from headlights, no spray off residue or wiping, when I took owner out to see her car she cried at the difference both looked like new. I've used many other engine shine products that didn't cut grim. You mentioned sludge never owned a vehicle in that condition.

Simply a no tools/hose/water/towel but spray, walk away, let dry solution of many for cleaning under the hood. Less than 5 bucks a can be your own judge. Tip: Place something on the floor under the engine because there will be oil/dirt/grim under afterwards