• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

wanted: hardtop for a 1963 bj7

OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
yes, got a reply yesterday. hardtop for a bj7/8 series is in the neighborhood of 4000 dollars of i understand the pricing chart. ' it has to be assembled and of course there are shipping charges, etc from england. google pete farmer hardtops and you can see his website with full description and pricing.

OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
just got a crating, customs, and shipping cost to greenville, south carolina from pete farmer...674 pounds sterling which is almost 1100 dollars. so a new top complete but unassembled to me is almost 5000 dollars....pricey to say the least!

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
just got a crating, customs, and shipping cost to greenville, south carolina from pete farmer...674 pounds sterling which is almost 1100 dollars. so a new top complete but unassembled to me is almost 5000 dollars....pricey to say the least!

It would be hard to justify considering how rarely I drive with a top. Thanks for looking into it.

Chuck9482912

Gold
Country flag
I've been wanting to get a hardtop for my 63 BJ7, but won't need it until about 2 years from now. If you want to split shipping costs in the future, let me know.

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
You might give Nick Freeman a call or email. He has the Factory Style Tops and he has come to the USA to install them. I saw him last at the 2008 Conclave in San Diego where he brought over me my Top and one to sell. Google Nical Engineering.

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
I can see a hardtop, especially if I lived in Mass, however, the louvered vents are a different story. Once done it's pretty much forever. The only down side I've heard about on the hood louvers were due to the vent surface edges they will tend to rust quicker. Just my opinion.

hmj6854

Country flag
I purchased a Nical hardtop for my BJ8 restoration in the early 2000s. There was quite abit of "getting together" needed and I have been reluctant to take the top off since. I have had to redo the headliner twice, but overall I am very pleased with the look. I opted not to order the vent and I painted it the body color of my car (BRG). I have seen the adds for the Pete Farmer version in the British AH club newsletter but have not seen one in person.

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Guess I'll weigh in on this...FWIW... I've had my Nical hardtop on my BJ7 for 3+ years now. It was a tough installation.... although I'm sure if you did 2 or 3 it'd be a piece of cake. I've taken if off once for a drive... takes about 10 minutes to take it off...maybe 5... and about 15 to put it back on. Why leave it on all the time? Well, in cool weather it's nice and comfy. In hot weather it's cooler than top off or convertible top...it's white, which of course, is cooler and the hardtop vent provides good ventilation. Yes, I do have a/c but rarely use it since with the white hardtop it stays very comfortable except when it's really hot.... into the mid 90's. Now, I should mention that I have a bunch of heat insulation in the car so that probably has an effect... or I hope it does :smile:. Besides all that, I'm fair skinned so long period in the sun is not a good thing for me.

Cheers,
Steve