• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Walmart Delivery

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Whoa wait a minute - did you buy another car without telling your wife again? :grin:
Not such an easy answer. We had 100 to 140 mph winds 2 weeks ago. No power internet tv just a huge pile of trees. Snow plows cleared the streets. Cut and carry has been the drill. Going out to fix fence now, poor dog freaked, my canoe flew. My wife cried in the middle of the night over the loss of her 30 year project yard garden. Trashed. But to the good 2 cars outside missed, VW camper sold and now safe via transport in CA. And to answer your question I’m getting a new Class B and going for a drive. A long drive.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
And to answer your question I’m getting a new Class B and going for a drive. A long drive.

What'd you get? We have a new class A, a Jayco Precept. Love it!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Not such an easy answer. We had 100 to 140 mph winds 2 weeks ago. No power internet tv just a huge pile of trees. Snow plows cleared the streets. Cut and carry has been the drill. Going out to fix fence now, poor dog freaked, my canoe flew. My wife cried in the middle of the night over the loss of her 30 year project yard garden. Trashed. But to the good 2 cars outside missed, VW camper sold and now safe via transport in CA. And to answer your question I’m getting a new Class B and going for a drive. A long drive.

sounds like quite a time - glad you are safe! and yes a long drive will be a good thing. :cheers:

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Sorry Doc stole your thread. Thanks for the comments the Precept looks like a nice ride. Winnebago Travato KL is in our future but I can only do one thing at a time. VW sold to a deserving new owner. Shocked at tree removal $ but a logger from NE Iowa whom I trust wouldn’t touch it and said you’ve got a dangerous mess pay them the price. Want to get fence up for dog but trees will be dropping all over it. We’re better off than many, no holes in roof and the wherewithal to take care of it. Shared meals for 2 weeks with neighbors off the grill until power came back. Everyone helping everyone such a blessing and heartwarming to see. Power guys deserve praise they came from all over the country and Canada, now I suppose headed to LA. One said you didn’t flood but you’re power structure way worse than Katrina or anything we’ve seen. So it goes. Everyone has power so no more generators wailing, quiet here in the middle of the night.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
... Everyone helping everyone such a blessing and heartwarming to see. Power guys deserve praise they came from all over the country and Canada, now I suppose headed to LA. One said you didn’t flood but you’re power structure way worse than Katrina or anything we’ve seen. So it goes. Everyone has power so no more generators wailing, quiet here in the middle of the night.

Amen to that! Sometimes it seems we don't pull together except in tough times. When 800,000+ homes lost power here a few weeks ago, we had crews from all over helping - and neighbors sharing food and water.

More power to'em! (no pun intended!)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sorry Doc stole your thread. Thanks for the comments the Precept looks like a nice ride. Winnebago Travato KL is in our future but I can only do one thing at a time. VW sold to a deserving new owner. Shocked at tree removal $ but a logger from NE Iowa whom I trust wouldn’t touch it and said you’ve got a dangerous mess pay them the price. Want to get fence up for dog but trees will be dropping all over it. We’re better off than many, no holes in roof and the wherewithal to take care of it. Shared meals for 2 weeks with neighbors off the grill until power came back. Everyone helping everyone such a blessing and heartwarming to see. Power guys deserve praise they came from all over the country and Canada, now I suppose headed to LA. One said you didn’t flood but you’re power structure way worse than Katrina or anything we’ve seen. So it goes. Everyone has power so no more generators wailing, quiet here in the middle of the night.

I stole what thread?

Having lived through several hurricanes here, been fortunate the only damage (so far) was a tree crushing my Alfa GT Junior. Seeing folks pull together to help one another is encouraging, happens here after the storms pass.

We've seen Mickey's transporter, quite the rig. "Home, Sweet Home" able to roam two continents. Only restriction is that it can't float.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:highly_amused: Walter, how close are you to Okie city? Were 60 miles out of Tulsa.

We're right about 60 miles from OKC and 25 from Lawton.

Samanler

Freshman Member
Country flag
I don't think this is an Amazon problem. Most likely, there are problems with the transport through which they transfer your orders.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thankfully Prime is still discounted for students so I signed up with my student email for the classes I'm taking and it is free for 6 months then half price after that. Saves a few bucks for car parts anyways

tabeeR

Freshman Member
Country flag
This is not an Amazon problem. This is often a transport problem. Most of the dissatisfaction is caused by the fact that orders have to wait for a long time. Believe me, the main problem is transport. I once ordered a product on Amazon and gave a friend who lives in another country. The package arrived to him within two days. Then he sent me the package via transport that he found on the visit website. The package arrived to me within one day. So the problem is not in the online store, but in transport. You just need to pick up the transport yourself.