• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Walmart Delivery

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The wife ordered something from Walmart yesterday(Sat)and it arrived 2 hrs ago to the door by Fedex! That's service!
Monday I'm canceling an Amazon Prime order after waiting a month for delivery! It's time to drop Amazon and go elsewhere, Prime is now over $119.00 and the delivery of a package is getting worse!! Time to dump.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
But they have all those cool trucks!

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
But they have all those cool trucks!

Doug, Amazon uses UPS out here for some reason, only seen one of the Amazon trucks out here and it wasn't a delivery for us. Their electric trucks probably wouldn't make a full round before needing a charge. :rolleyes2:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just ordered Amazon Prime yesterday evening - first part arrived today. Still boggles my mind.

Got a wireless doorbell - $18 and it plays 58 tunes of which 55 are truly horrible - including one that bizarrely sounds like someone knocking on the door. :rolleyes:

Also got a new remote for the TV - put in batteries and it just works. :smile: remember trying to pair remotes to TVs? so much easier

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Doug, Amazon uses UPS out here for some reason, only seen one of the Amazon trucks out here and it wasn't a delivery for us. Their electric trucks probably wouldn't make a full round before needing a charge. :rolleyes2:

Just me being a little sarcastic.When we went to Manassas,VA to pickup our pickup,
I saw one of them.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
whenever we travel in the States (when we travelled :rolleyes:) especially around Christmas we saw Amazon trucks everywhere - and yet I have never seen one in Canada - not sure who they use or if they have unmarked trucks.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
The wife ordered something from Walmart yesterday(Sat)and it arrived 2 hrs ago to the door by Fedex! That's service!
Monday I'm canceling an Amazon Prime order after waiting a month for delivery! It's time to drop Amazon and go elsewhere, Prime is now over $119.00 and the delivery of a package is getting worse!! Time to dump.

Amazon Prime costs $119/year. People are paying that? just for "faster shipping"? gak

(Can't find an emoji for "boggles the mind".)

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We use Amazon Prime a lot and it is a lot more than free shipping. So far anyway, our deliveries have been really quick, usually next day. Prime video was a good part of convincing me to drop cable TV.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
As stated earlier, we have prime and we haven't had a shipment in two days for over a year! The wife orders a lot of stuff from Amazon and deliver times are getting longer and longer.It usually takes 3,4,5, days anymore. 3 days is quick compared to most orders.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
As stated earlier, we have prime and we haven't had a shipment in two days for over a year! The wife orders a lot of stuff from Amazon and deliver times are getting longer and longer.It usually takes 3,4,5, days anymore. 3 days is quick compared to most orders.

Hi Paul. Do you use any Amazon Prime services other than the Amazon delivery service?
Thanks.
Tom M.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Hi Paul. Do you use any Amazon Prime services other than the Amazon delivery service?
Thanks.
Tom M.

No Tom we don't, just delivery.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
We are prime people; savings on shipping pays for itself. It is of course a self-fulfilling prophecy: Our remote on the stereo has been on the blink, volume only goes up. A quick surf on on amazon, and a knock-off replacement (Denon no longer makes the part) is in the mail for $15. I was at my parents, watching their slightly arthritic hands chop garlic... a few clicks and they now have a garlic press.

Not sure if that is good or bad... :smile:

Having said all this, given Mr. Bezos is one of the richest men on the planet, I find it sad that, with a net worth approaching 200 BILLION (wow!), he has only donated $100M to Covid causes. Yet Amazon has immensely profited from the stay-at-home situation.

Off my soapbox now... :smile:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Well, I've become a Prime junkie. Only issue we've had was a set of wok spatulas, not delivered in over two months, lost in transit. Seller refunded, said if they ever do show up, just keep 'em.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I use prime, next day or two, no complaints.
Drove down to Iowa City a couple days ago and met 8 of their trucks on I380 heading out for the day. One of them had the cot I'm sleeping on now. I'm keeping them.
I hate to say but boycott of them, Walmart or whomever is futile, thats just the way it's going.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I've never had an issue with Prime, of course I don't live in a backwater like Locust Grove, I live in the big city of Fletcher.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We get the Amazon trucks and private vehicles delivering Amazon stuff to us. They have so much business that they don't have enough drivers and trucks for our area. We use Prime for delivery, movies and I don't know what else (Wife has the account).

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I've never had an issue with Prime, of course I don't live in a backwater like Locust Grove, I live in the big city of Fletcher.

:highly_amused: Walter, how close are you to Okie city? Were 60 miles out of Tulsa.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
One of them had the cot I'm sleeping on now.

Whoa wait a minute - did you buy another car without telling your wife again? :grin: