• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wakening a sleeping Giant

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have been asleep for the last 27 years I’m little fire breathing 850 cc 80hp 6000rpm Fiat Abarth Engine that my owner left for dead even though I was just rebuilt before I was put to sleep. Actually he left all of me for dead gas in the tank, brake fluid gone stale. A least he had me painted.

He left oil in me and took away all my H2O.
Well now I’m almost ready to go beat up some heavy British Iron Mini’s and Sprites are my victims
I have had the following done for my awakening.

Webber Carb rebuilt
Gas tank cleaned
Radiator cleaned
Fuel pump rebuilt
Fresh Oil and filter
Fresh H2O
Large fire extinguisher
Still needs to be dusted and a few wires put back on.

Are we missing any thing before I wake up?

Mark

Attachments

• 8441.jpg
    8441.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 8442.jpg
    8442.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 43

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks familiar - can't think of anything

Bugeye58

Yoda
Mark, I can bring my 850 Spyder up, and we can go trolling for Sprites and Minis! This one has a 1300 Abarth in it.
Jeff

Attachments

• 8449.jpg
    8449.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 8450.jpg
    8450.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 42

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Bring it on! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

Seriously, guys, I'll be at The Glen in mid-October '08 for the VRG vintage event. It's not all that far from either of you (and you ought to be able to tow those things with a mo-ped).
So bring those Latin Doodle-Bugs to the VRG event and we'll have us a Tiddler Race!

To see this year's VRG event at The Glen ~Click Here~

OP
abarth69

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Right on Jeff lets do it

I still love Sprites I raced a bugeye from about 1980 to 1993 used to go to Waterford Hills once a year. That's kind of what took me away from the Abarth.
This is a picture of my old Bugeye race car that is now in Maryland still going strong.

Mark

Attachments

• 8451.jpg
    8451.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 37
R

RonMacPherson

Christening (re-christening?) with a bottle of Chianti. Or if you feel really celebratory, Asti-Spumante!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif

Nothin' like a li'l "dago red" for a christening. Me Uncle Francis made the family recipe Chianti every year, it was meted out for all special occasions. Wish I had some now!

Bugeye58

Yoda
Nial, I'd love to do the VRG at the Glen next year, but I don't think the Fiat would be legal. Not to mention that it's got a 4.68 rear gear in it, and it's the only gear I have. Not the best choice for there. I embarassed a new Z06 Vette with it last year at Waterford, though!
I <u>know</u> the Sprite wouldn't be vintage legal, and I doubt if I could toss anything together for the race. Well, I could possibly get the "Incredible Flying Bugeye" ready, but, it's got a glass bonnet, so that won't work either. I'd just as soon not risk a steel bonnet. If a glass one gets messed up, who cares?
So many possibilities, so little time! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Mark, did you used to come to my little playground for the Meadowbrook races??
I always hung with the VARAC guys when they came. They had the best beer! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif
Jeff

OP
abarth69

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yep Jeff one of the Beer drinking VARAC guy's

My very last race was at Meadowbrook in 1993. I broke an axle that weekend then gave up the sport.

Looks like it will be Sat to wake the giant. Fingers crossed

Mark

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So?

OP
abarth69

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
JP

It's been a slow day. We now have spark spent most of the day chasing down spark. Just came in for a break.

Mark

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
hurray for spark - is their fuel?

(no Pressure /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer.gif )

OP
abarth69

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
We got lots of spark now and fuel up to the carb she still will not fire. Going to pull the carb in am again and have a peak there was maybe some junk in line that did not get cleaned out.

Mark

OP
abarth69

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Woo Woo WE ARE ALIVE

After 27 years she fired and ran for about 20 mins. We got some problems to sort out water pump is leaking I thought that would happen. Tach cable is broken so going to have to pull the tach most likely needs a good lube and do the speedo also.

Just sitting down with wife to have beer and celebrate.

We will be trolling for Sprite's and Mini's for sure come summer.

Mark

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/troll.gif

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif Hurray! Congrats! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thirsty.gif