• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Visitor at 1:15AM

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Happened to be looking out the back window Friday and watched a hawk swoop down and take a rabbit from my back yard.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"and lots of Hawks."

Our redtail population here is huge. I see them on telephone poles and in trees all the time. Like Bayless said, the best thing though is when you see them hunt. We also have some eagles and elk locally, and two very large prairie dog towns.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
"and lots of Hawks."

Our redtail population here is huge. I see them on telephone poles and in trees all the time. Like Bayless said, the best thing though is when you see them hunt. We also have some eagles and elk locally, and two very large prairie dog towns.

We have a few around here, but not what you'd call a huge population. More Ravens than anything else (and those suckers get BIG)

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"We have a few around here, but not what you'd call a huge population. More Ravens than anything else (and those suckers get BIG)"

I can see between five and ten on a drive to work, which is just under 20 miles. We have some ravens here but they are not as plentiful as grackles are, the ravens do get pretty large.