• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vintage Mint Green 2004 Thunderbird

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tony,

Remember - you're talking to BRITISH Car people.
I'd have a hard time going with anything other than the Jag.

- Doug

G

I'd go for an early C3 Vette before the XK8 Jag, in a heartbeat. A 68-72 Vette, thats what I'd be looking for, I don't like the change they made to the nose in 73 or the rear in 74. After that came the bubble back window and I hated that. Curious why you like the 82 Tony, is it because it's the last year of the C3? That collectors edition 82 would be the one to get. It was that pewter color with the darker insets along the rockers and the 67 look-alike aluminum wheels. I believe 82 was the first year of the cross fire fuel injection also.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I get this way from time-to-time....my daughter calls it "DCB Syndrome" (Dad's Car Buying Syndrome)....it happens when I feel a need for an injection into my addiction...usually ends up with me learning a lot about various cars but not buying anything....however, this time you never know

Scott...it might be that the '82 is the last of the C3's...& that collectors addition is a pretty car...I've been reading in Corvette publications that the '80-'83 are about to take off in value (doesn't mean anything though) but ever since I saw one new, I've 'fancied' them.

And I do like that new Jaguar also...friend of mine leases one & I got to drive it once....but, I kinda felt like I was in a cocoon in it, instead of in a sportscar.

I just dunno. I definitely do not need another car.....yet!

Have you found a MGA coupe yet?

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Got leads on a couple...they'll probably be parts cars like the 2 out under one of my sheds!

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]

And I do like that new Jaguar also...friend of mine leases one & I got to drive it once....but, I kinda felt like I was in a cocoon in it, instead of in a sportscar.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif The Jag isn't a true sportscar in that sense.....With the top up and the air on the only inidication your in a performance car is the feel of the suspension and the power under your foot....The idea behind the car isn't that it's a pure sportscar, it more of a grand touring car......The T-Bird is the same way. The Vette definatly feels like a real sportscar, but rememeber it is 25+ years older.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif Yeah, I might feel the same about a T-Bird after I drive one.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
WHEW!

Got that out of my system. Friend offered me his Fiero GT at a great price (& boy was it fun to drive) and I found a wrecked Vintage Mint Green T-Bird with only 20,000 miles on it in a local salvage yard.

...&, since its raining today, I replaced the instrument cluster in my 380SL with a 160mph cluster UPS delivered y'day that I found in a salvage yard out in Texas (mine originally came with the stupid federally regulated 85mph speedo)....between rainstorms just now, I took the 380SL out for a spin. I know there's nothing different about the car but it felt great running at 80mph with that speedo needle pointing straight up and knowing that if I wanted, I could wrap it all the way around to the right! And, you know, the faster that car goes, the lower it 'hunkers' down to grab the road. Wet Pavement? It laughs at hydroplaning! I really love that car!

So, I don't need another car! There are a few little things I want to do to the 380SL to bring it back to perfection. And the rest of the $$$'s I would've spent on purchasing another car can go into a couple of my MG's......or to buy a Triumph motorcycle!

WHEW! Over that impulse!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Glad to hear that, Tony. The Benz will take you wherever you need to go.

Edbird

Freshman Member
Only made 605 of them - I'm beginning my search....probably will take a year or so.....lemme know if you see one for sale.

I have 2004 vintage mint green tbird for sale, 21,615 miles original owner ,garaged, never driven in rain, perfect car. very rare, my wife had to have that color took almost a year to find it. paid $ 42,000.00 for it barley broke in. Bought it for a collector car. grand kids moved in. can drive it any more need room in garage.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have 2004 vintage mint green tbird for sale, 21,615 miles original owner ,garaged, never driven in rain, perfect car. very rare, my wife had to have that color took almost a year to find it. paid $ 42,000.00 for it barley broke in. Bought it for a collector car. grand kids moved in. can drive it any more need room in garage.

Weird to read this, and welcome Edbird. Sadly, Tony died a few years ago.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice, Rick - thanks.

Interestingly, Jerri - Tony's wife - called us this evening. We've stayed in touch.

There's a new addition to the family, a granddaughter, Ella. All are well. Janet and I will no doubt visit them soon.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...woof...

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I always get a slight shiver when I see those posts -
but am later glad I did.

- Doug