• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vinnie's Vintage Vehicle Village

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
In my continued growth of my HO slot car layout, earlier this month I added a Mission for the homeless, and a used car lot. Of course nothing is ever complete on this layout, and it will continue to evolve until I can no longer go down the stairs to my basement to play...

Attachments

• AAAAAI-LRC-x07.IMG_3325 copy.jpeg
    AAAAAI-LRC-x07.IMG_3325 copy.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • AAALRC-x21.IMG_3374 copy.jpg
    AAALRC-x21.IMG_3374 copy.jpg
    900.8 KB · Views: 28

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I remember the Aurora cars when I was in high school. I built a small racetrack with a sort of diorama to go with it. The early
Aurora had an odd motor a I remember. A magnet and a carbon sort of pencil that moved up and down and a gear on the rea axle. I had a Jaguar and a Mercedes.

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I remember the Aurora cars when I was in high school. I built a small racetrack with a sort of diorama to go with it. The early
Aurora had an odd motor a I remember. A magnet and a carbon sort of pencil that moved up and down and a gear on the rea axle. I had a Jaguar and a Mercedes.
Trevor, You had the earlier vibrator motors in your set. They were based on the 1957 British Playcraft sets designed by Derek Brand consisting of 1/76 00-gauge cars. My first set was vibe cars as well, and included a Ford Country Squire and a Ford pickup truck. These motors were replaced by the Thunderjet chassis using a pancake motor that was debuted in 1963. I still have my first two cars.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I love it! Especially the name lol!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
In my continued growth of my HO slot car layout, earlier this month I added a Mission for the homeless, and a used car lot. Of course nothing is ever complete on this layout, and it will continue to evolve until I can no longer go down the stairs to my basement to play...
You should charge admission! Love the blue Jag!

OP
Brooklands

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I remember Aurora also imported Minitrix trains. N scale trains sold as Postage Stamp Trains. Did Aurora originate anything?
They started with the work of others, but then improved it. I also believe that many of their model kits were their own.

BTW, did you know that the colors of the HO slot car bodies were mostly the same as Princess phones, since they were made from the same material. They did paint a few to give them a few other color choices.