• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series Victor MGTF

sebarnes

Freshman Member
Hi all,

A few months ago I bought an unassembled Victor MGTF car. As I understand there were only 100 of these kits produced using MGB or MG Midget as donors. I am not sure but believe this to be a late 70's or early 80's kit. I am at least the third owner and a few things have been lost along the way. First and foremost is any paperwork or instructions. I can spend alot of time winging this if I have to but a set of instructions, or parts inventory would be really freaking great!

I have been contacted by a Victor TF owner in Colorado and we would like to get other owners somehow connected to share information.

Please let me know if you have a Victor TF, I could use pictures, and hopefully a set of instructions. Thank You very Much!!!! Scott Barnes Ephraim, Wis

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
The Victor was a fantastic car idea. If I had to drive a "T" type car that would be it. All MGB running gear. I think one of the guys on the MG experience board had something to do with Victor MG cars. As I recall his first name was George? and he was from NY. Good luck on the hunt! Bob

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
After a quck Google search, I found ~This~ , written by a fellow named "George" (maybe the "George" above?.....no idea).

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
A while back I ended up with a number of copies of the Magazine that became Classic Motorsports (British ?) and there was an article about these cars - especially about the Airline (which I adore) The mags are long gone but, someone else may have it still

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Victor WAS a good idea...I'd think you could just use a Moss catalog...MGB for mechanicals, TF for kit parts.

Flash_Harry

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Here's a website for a 'Rocky Frisco' that I found on Google. There are some photos of his Victor TF, and a section called 'Rocky's new car projects' with photos of the TF, an MGA and assorted Mini's. There is an e-mail contact there, too. Hope it helps.
Harry

https://www.rockyfrisco.com/

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Any photos of this kit?

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Rocky is a great guy not much into cars these day. Was a member in JJ Cale band

Mini Racer from way back when in Canada

Cheers

Mark

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Good gawd, Mark!

First: Happy BIRTHDAY!!!

After that, how stunning that Ovation is onna cover...

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yeah, Mark....happy happy!

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hey Mark;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EH!

Have another beer, EH!

OK, Good day.

Dave :cheers:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Happy Birthday Bud - you better come drink my beer now

Ed Sweeney

Scott, check your PM. My business partner Pete had me forward a message to you regarding some Victor information that he has. Thanks!

rockyfrisco

Freshman Member
Rocky Frisco here. My Victor wasn't a kit car; it was a turnkey car off the Great Lakes showroom. It's a 1981 Victor TF-1. Victor Cain paid $16,000 for it. Years later he gave it to his daughter. I was restoring it for her when she offered it to me and I bought it. I don't have any instructions. All I have in the way of documentation is a reprint of a magazine article about the cars. I did a complete disassembly and rebuild in 2004. Not sure how I can help, but I'm willing.

-Rock

OP
S

sebarnes

Freshman Member
Hi Ed,

Thank you for the heads up!!! I sent an email as soon as I opened the message. I will be calling tomorrow. Thank You!!

Scott

OP
S

sebarnes

Freshman Member
Hello Rock,

Thanks for the response. Because you have rebuilt something I have only stared at,,,,I'm hoping you won't mind if I ask you how certain things are supposed to go together? Or even how certain parts need to look when I make them, such as radiator supports, and how the chrome radiator slats are held within the chrome radiator shell?

Thank You again, Scott

Darin

Freshman Member
Hello to all -

New to the forum but found this chat by searching for info regarding the Victor TF's I have one & love it! Spent two years resurrecting it & have much literature on it, now looking for others who own them & might know more info on them. Just did a 2000 mile tour in it to KS from SLC UT and back & it really is a great car & very authentic. Hope to hook up with others regarding these cars.

Darin Graber