• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Very nice but maybe a bit pricey

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Not bad at all but not at that price in any case. I see many things incorrect.

Engine color
shift boot carpet
exhaust pipe clamp
grill
stripe
etc, etc

healeyboz

Jedi Knight
Two things...
That is one way to save on chroming the grill /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

And MAN is that white!!!

Looks great.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Does look nice. They've got a nice looking RHD MGB as well, also not totally original, but still clean. Had I only money, and a larger garage. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Price is a bit much, realistically. That price for a true 100 pt absolutely correct car maybe. A nicely done driver, no matter how nice, just isn't in that range, at least in my my humble opinion.

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag
An automotive Jar Jar Binks

Country flag
I agree with Carl, "I no like".

jhorton3

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
You would think for that price they'd at least include a shift lever that wasn't corroded.

bugimike

Yoda
Looks pretty, but looks are often skin deep!! As Jack noted, many incorrect details and how come the exhaust to bell housing bracket is just hanging there? For that price methinks it should be more correct! Still a pretty car though!!

looks kinda familiar....

mark

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
I'm with you, Jim...that shift lever jumped right out at me.

And, maybe it's just me, but I can't stand the painted grille and the way it flows into the stripe. The stripe would be ok...by itself. To me, the grille should be the crowning glory. This one looks like the happy face took a hit in the mouth at 60 MPH and bled back over the bonnet and boot.

Ray

OP
W

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The shame is that this could likely have been a high "teens" car if the appropriate attention had been given to the proper details. The effort may have been there just not in all the right places.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Funny the things folks think will bring in more money. One trip to Amazon for the appropriate reference, and you could have a proper bits in the proper spot. A driver car just needs to look nice, and originality takes a back seat. For one looking for a premium price, the buyers will be well educated. Top dollar demands a top car.

I read quite a few old car magazines, and the theme in all the auction coverage, even with the recent run up, is that the buyers are willing to reward quality, and equally willing to punish shoddy work.

SteveT

Jedi Hopeful
It reminds me of a jr. high school fight that ends with a bloody nose. The red grill is just too much.

Steve

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You are correct Ron. Lots of things wrong with that nice car that precludes a top of the market price.

racingenglishcars

Darth Vader
Country flag
I notice something hanging off the driver side up at the front, and it's not the exhaust hanger. I also notice the 5-speed gear knob.

Otherwise, the paint scheme, (except for the grille) is what I would like to do to mine, though yellow body and lime green stripe, and the stripe not quite that wide.

It does after all look quite nice.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That white paint just maybe Old English White. Note the chream content.

bugimike

Yoda
racingenglishcars said:
hanger. I <span style="color: #FF0000">I notice something hanging off the driver side up at the front, and it's not the exhaust </span>also notice the 5-speed gear knob.

Otherwise, the paint scheme, (except for the grille) is what I would like to do to mine, though yellow body and lime green stripe, and the stripe not quite that wide.

It does after all look quite nice.

That's what I took to be the hanger, Donn! What do you suppose that would be? It certainly looks wrong hanging there!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif Nice Forest Green engine! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif
What's that on the top radius of the left front wheel arch?

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
Ron mentioned the garage floor shine and I noticed that as well...but not in a positive light (pardon the pun).

In one shot you can see the reflection of the room lights on the outer sill, presumably after reflecting off the floor. Now lots of things could contribute to the distortion of the reflection off the sill...including the sill.

For me, I'd like to see a few more 3/4 shots of the panels to see just how straight they are instead of all the artsy photos. Even detailed shots will not tell all...how much of that car is filled? Maybe not a teaspoon full...maybe lots. When I look at the bonnet/sill gap and also the undercar shot of the rear bulkhead (whats all that stuff under the paint? sure more than undercoat) it makes me wonder...

Ray

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Bonnet has had the front gap, between the grill and the turning lights filled. Wonder with what?