Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Maybe some of the early ones were, but I bought a new '69 TR6 in the summer of '69 (don't remember the chassis number), and it had a silver painted valve cover.
Both of my '59 TR3A's were chrome, as was the '57 TR3. I was under the impression that all of the 3's and 4's were chromed, but as you said, there are no certainties with BL consistency. If someone compiled a list of all the variations due to the "use what was handy that day" policy of the British marques, I would pay good money for a copy of the information. Maybe a book idea there.....
I think the Eastwood is the correct color. The cover on my '76 is painted silver and from the best I can tell the engine has never been out of the car and is completely original; it has 29,900 verified original miles. Although the paint is not metallic it is a semi-gloss or semi-matte and the air filter cover is the same paint.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.